Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 09:14 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times

Advertisements

Basalt Colorado is a tourism town with a median income over $65k. So I'm not sure it is the best to use for a comparison to the Huntington Metro area.

If a Whole Foods located in the Teays Valley area, so that it could potentially draw customers from both Huntington and Charleston, I think it would have a better chance of surviving but even then, I'm not sure given the price points at Whole Foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 05:54 AM

530 posts, read 589,575 times
An indoor gun range is being proposed for West Huntington. According to this report, it will cost approximately $3 million, will be located in Commerce Park, and is expected to attract thousands of visitors. It would be the only indoor gun range within 100 miles.

Gun range proposed in West Huntington

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/126770

Old 12-29-2015, 09:33 AM

51 posts, read 66,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
An indoor gun range is being proposed for West Huntington. According to this report, it will cost approximately $3 million, will be located in Commerce Park, and is expected to attract thousands of visitors. It would be the only indoor gun range within 100 miles.

Gun range proposed in West Huntington

BREAKING... Huntington Council Takes First Step Toward $3 Million Commerce Park Indoor Gun Range | Huntington News

I am not a gun person, so I am completely unaware of how much business something like this will actually bring in. I saw the West Huntington councilman on the news last night saying how this would generate the need for a hotel, restaurants, stores, etc. in the west end. Is that a realistic projection or just trying to drum up support? Development in the west end is much needed. As I said, I have no idea how much business something like this would generate and am curious.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM

I'm not sure I believe the talk about this project bringing in enough people to need a hotel.

Can someone remind me where Commerce Park is located in West Huntington?

Old 12-29-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
I'm not sure I believe the talk about this project bringing in enough people to need a hotel.

Can someone remind me where Commerce Park is located in West Huntington?

Commerce Park is across the bridge on that stretch of road right before the Cabell/Wayne line on Madison Avenue. It is where what is commonly known as the "welfare office" is located if I am not mistaken.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:54 PM

44 posts, read 50,108 times
I heard today that Marshall Reynolds sold the Pullman Plaza and a national chain will be going in there, with millions in renovations. If true this could be a great, much-needed addition to downtown. Pullman Plaza is a dump and Reynolds never did anything to clean it up.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murox View Post
I heard today that Marshall Reynolds sold the Pullman Plaza and a national chain will be going in there, with millions in renovations. If true this could be a great, much-needed addition to downtown. Pullman Plaza is a dump and Reynolds never did anything to clean it up.

I hope this is true. Its been in sad shape for quite some time.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:57 AM

530 posts, read 589,575 times
Another article in today's HD regarding the indoor shooting range planned for West Huntington. Maybe this has more potential than we realize. At the least, it will fill a niche that does not exist at this time.

Indoor shooting range planned | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 12-30-2015, 06:37 AM

I hope the news about Pullman Plaza is true. Having a national chain like Marriott or Hyatt would be a great change for downtown.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:04 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
I hope the news about Pullman Plaza is true. Having a national chain like Marriott or Hyatt would be a great change for downtown.
I can see it being a Marriott, as it is gaining more of a presence in WV (especially with the Waterfront Hotel in Morgantown being rebranded as a Marriott). I hope so much that this is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington