Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 08:45 PM

530 posts, read 589,259 times

Advertisements

By some miracle, I was able to zoom in very close on the Tanyard Station site plan. The two buildings on the far left are indeed restaurants (presumably fast food type based on size; both approximately 3,600 sq. feet in size). The new larger single building next to Shops A & B says "Version 7.0 prototype, left hand entry side dock, 19,787 sq. foot including canopy, canopy sq. foot 733, building sq. foot 19, 054." Not sure what this could be, possibly a hotel w/ canopy, but that size seems quite small for a hotel. The larger restaurant next to the Sheetz gas station puts me in mind of a Cheddar's Casual Cafe with the semi-circular facade design at the entrance. The grocery store is 28,708 sq. foot. The Outdoor store is 52,000 sq. foot.

In terms of the road improvements/intersection. Coming from Merritt's Creek Road, there is a right hand turn lane onto US 60, a straight/left turn lane, and then two additional dedicated left hand turn lanes onto US 60. It gets a little confusing with the left hand turn lanes onto Merritt's Creek Road coming from Barboursville...there appears to be a total of 3 left hand turn lanes, which just doesn't look right or make sense. There are also two straight lanes and then a dedicated right hand turn lane from US 60 in the development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,419,973 times
I forgot about Cheddar's. I don't tend to get overly excited about those kinds of restaurants, but I'd absolutely kill to not have to drive to Ashland for one.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:04 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,139 times
If it is a Bass Pro Shops coming to Tanyard, then kudos to the developers and Barboursville for landing a high profile business.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:17 PM

456 posts, read 601,999 times
have they started moving dirt. I would think they would be announcing businesses soon if they are to be open by spring 2017.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:26 AM

Did a little sleuthing; the building with "Version 7.0 prototype" looks to be a Hilton Garden Inn.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:55 AM

6,067 posts, read 9,091,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
The larger restaurant next to the Sheetz gas station puts me in mind of a Cheddar's Casual Cafe with the semi-circular facade design at the entrance.
It could also be a Red Robin, as they have similar circular entrances to Cheddar's. Either way, it will be a good addition to the area.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:30 PM

I completely forgot about Red Robin, that would be great as well. The Hilton Garden Inn is interesting and makes sense they have been advertising that the development would include a hotel. My question is, when they report the square footage on the site plan as 19,787, does that just mean that is the "footprint" of the building and would not be representative of the entire structure, because obviously a hotel would be several floors tall?

The Mayor's twitter page with the Bass Pro Shops logo is what really intrigued me and makes me think that it's more of a possibility at this point. Bottom line, I don't know how much longer they can hold off on making announcements. As someone else stated, in order to open phase I by Spring/Summer 2017, they are going to have to start moving dirt very soon.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:29 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,139 times
Yeah, a Red Robin would do well in this area.

To recap: So far we think the development may include a Hilton Garden Inn, Red Robin or Cheddar's, Bass Pro Shops, Sheetz and Aldi or Trader Joe's?

Old 05-17-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Yeah, a Red Robin would do well in this area.

To recap: So far we think the development may include a Hilton Garden Inn, Red Robin or Cheddar's, Bass Pro Shops, Sheetz and Aldi or Trader Joe's?
Also Value City Furniture

Old 05-17-2016, 08:47 AM

Yes, that list sounds complete, thus far. I would still keep Sportsman's Warehouse on there vs. Bass Pro Shops. The Mayor's Twitter page makes me lean more towards Bass Pro Shops, though. Also, as was pointed out, Value City Furniture, although I am still hoping for something a little more exciting in terms of a furniture store. Sheetz is a given, the only 100% certain of all these tenants. I still think the grocery will be Trader Joes, especially since there is only one grocery store listed on the current plan. Based on size, the restaurant may be more likely a Red Robin than Cheddars, but I agree, either one would do great and be a nice addition to the area. Hilton Garden would also be a nice addition for the hotel tenant. The major unknowns will be the fast food joints. I'm really hoping that they will be new restaurants to the area and not the same old same old. I would be fine with a duplicate such as Chick-fil-A, given the insanely long lines and high traffic at the one close to the mall, the area could certainly support another full-size location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington