Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 11:27 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,870,594 times

Advertisements

I have some good news for Huntington. You are no longer the shameful holder of the fattest city in the US. You are now only 3rd. Unfortunately, this change was not from Huntington residents being healthier, but rather other places even being worse. Anyway. congratulations on losing your title which you have held for a long time.

Also, Charleston gets a shutout for being tied at #5.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:09 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,945,217 times
So you are once again trying to bully people to keep them from speaking out against your blatantly inaccurate posts by posting negative things about the cities they live in? Sorry, but it won't work on me.

One would think that you would prefer to have a positive impact on this forum rather than continually being the center of all of the negativity. It's a shame really.

Thanks for causing the separate city forums to be created though. That has been the one positve to come from your negativity on this board. The separate forums have made this board much more user friendly.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
So you are once again trying to bully people to keep them from speaking out against your blatantly inaccurate posts by posting negative things about the cities they live in? Sorry, but it won't work on me.

One would think that you would prefer to have a positive impact on this forum rather than continually being the center of all of the negativity. It's a shame really.

Thanks for causing the separate city forums to be created though. That has been the one positve to come from your negativity on this board. The separate forums have made this board much more user friendly.
What are you talking about?

I found a positive article about Huntington and posted it. I thought you would be happy to see that Huntington is no longer the fattest city in the US. This was more of a way to find a common ground.

As for the seperate forums that came from you and Chris always bashing Morgantown, and making things up about your cities and Morgantown. Completely unrelated from this post.

Dont blame me for any negativity. You are a willing participant in it all.

Anyway we should both agree this is a good thing. Perhaps Jamie Oliver got through to some people in Huntington. I wish he would go back and try another season to help those poor kids out.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:22 PM

6,058 posts, read 9,088,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
What are you talking about?

I found a positive article about Huntington and posted it. I thought you would be happy to see that Huntington is no longer the fattest city in the US. This was more of a way to find a common ground.

As for the seperate forums that came from you and Chris always bashing Morgantown, and making things up about your cities and Morgantown. Completely unrelated from this post.

Dont blame me for any negativity. You are a willing participant in it all.

Anyway we should both agree this is a good thing. Perhaps Jamie Oliver got through to some people in Huntington. I wish he would go back and try another season to help those poor kids out.
Troll Alert!

I don't mention you by name in other threads!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:

I agree, without Cry we wounldn't have sub-forums and I'd have to listen to Charleston bashing on every thread! Even if it was about bananas.

This guy has no class, not a good testimony for the state of wv.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Troll Alert!

I don't mention you by name in other threads!
It is not trolling, it is true.

I am not sure who started this whole VS thing, but the bashing of Morgantown by you and Tim is what motivated me to participate in this forum after stumbling upon it.

You can blame me all you want for negativity in this forum, but you were at it long before I came here, and since I came you have been an equal participant.

Instead of making ad hominems against me I recommend we refrain from starting VS threads to try and keep a positive atmosphere in the WV forum, and subforums.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
It is not trolling, it is true.

I am not sure who started this whole VS thing, but the bashing of Morgantown by you and Tim is what motivated me to participate in this forum after stumbling upon it.

You can blame me all you want for negativity in this forum, but you were at it long before I came here, and since I came you have been an equal participant.

Instead of making ad hominems against me I recommend we refrain from starting VS threads to try and keep a positive atmosphere in the WV forum, and subforums.
Excuse me, but you are the one that attacks threads and starts crap. much like in this thread, you aren't fooling anyone when you start a thread about Huntington being one of the fattest cities in the country. Why don't you just stick to the Morgantown forum, and not mention anybody else in your posts! Its rude!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 AM

4,952 posts, read 8,945,217 times
Please don't start yet another argument on this forum. The intent of this thread is obvious and it has been pointed out. There is nothing more to say.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Please don't start yet another argument on this forum. The intent of this thread is obvious and it has been pointed out. There is nothing more to say.
Sorry Tim, will stop

Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Excuse me, but you are the one that attacks threads and starts crap. much like in this thread, you aren't fooling anyone when you start a thread about Huntington being one of the fattest cities in the country. Why don't you just stick to the Morgantown forum, and not mention anybody else in your posts! Its rude!
This thread is nothing but factual. I am willing to let it die if people find it offending, but there is nothing inaccurate about this article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington