Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:12 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,870,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
I have no vendetta against you or anyone else on this forum...lol But I feel like a small little group has made the forum no longer fun and enjoyable. I also believe you are the one who tried to intimidate me there amigo. Boasting of your MMA and inviting me into the right? WTF? lol 1. That sounds so weird. 2. That is a lame way of trying to intimidate me. 3. Then you tried to turn around and make me out to look like the bad guy on here and alienate me... Unsuccessfully I might add. You're fairly new here, learn your niche without being impertinent
You seem to have forgotten what happened.

You were upset about some facts I mentioned about Marshall and said you were coming up to Morgantown for some reason and wanted to fight me. I wasnt really interested, but I mentioned I train at an MMA gym, told you what time I would be there, and told you to drop by if you really wanted to. In your ignorance you thought I was bluffing, falsy believing you couldnt train MMA in WV, and you said you were coming to fight me to shut me up. When I pointed out that MMA fights were illegal at the time, which is no longer so, but training wasnt and showed you the gym was real you then invited me to shoot guns deep in the woods on your families property. After you were laughed at, it was obvious it was all internet bravado and you dropped out of the forum for several months.

It was apparent to everyone watching you were trying to act tough, and when YOUR challenge was accepted you wimped out. If I were you I would be too ashamed to show my face on this website, but then again I am a man of honor and respect, which is something you are not.

I am not new here. I have been here for 2 years. I single handily put a crowd of liars and internet bullies, which you were part of, down. Your niche is the guy who makes threats over the internet, has them accepted, and than chickens out.

Coward.

*EDIT*

Found the link to your threats. the thread clearly shows your account of events was wrong. You will never live that down Herd. This shameful act will FOREVER be in your history here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 08:39 PM

3 posts, read 4,621 times
Thanks everyone for the insight. I am planning a visit here in the near future.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:28 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,987,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
You seem to have forgotten what happened.

You were upset about some facts I mentioned about Marshall and said you were coming up to Morgantown for some reason and wanted to fight me. I wasnt really interested, but I mentioned I train at an MMA gym, told you what time I would be there, and told you to drop by if you really wanted to. In your ignorance you thought I was bluffing, falsy believing you couldnt train MMA in WV, and you said you were coming to fight me to shut me up. When I pointed out that MMA fights were illegal at the time, which is no longer so, but training wasnt and showed you the gym was real you then invited me to shoot guns deep in the woods on your families property. After you were laughed at, it was obvious it was all internet bravado and you dropped out of the forum for several months.

It was apparent to everyone watching you were trying to act tough, and when YOUR challenge was accepted you wimped out. If I were you I would be too ashamed to show my face on this website, but then again I am a man of honor and respect, which is something you are not.

I am not new here. I have been here for 2 years. I single handily put a crowd of liars and internet bullies, which you were part of, down. Your niche is the guy who makes threats over the internet, has them accepted, and than chickens out.

Coward.

*EDIT*

Found the link to your threats. the thread clearly shows your account of events was wrong. You will never live that down Herd. This shameful act will FOREVER be in your history here.
You are absolutely insane...

I guess you have those pages on your favorite links page...

Just because you keep saying something over and over doesn't mean people are going to believe you. But if you can READ then you can see I never made a threat on that page or subsequent. YOU invited me into an MMA ring. What would that be called??? An attempt at intimidation?? Which was as I might add voted on the state reps AFTER you started talking about it TO me.

Also, you are really thick if you think I would meet up with some random person off the internet... Let alone someone who appears unstable. Also I know this can be complicated... but some people are sarcastic and captious. I'll break these words down for you...

Sarcastic /särˈkastik/ Adjective - Marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt.

Captious /ˈkapSHəs/ Adjective - Calculated to confuse, entrap, or entangle in argument.

Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true...

lol I feel like I'm talking to one of my 6th graders...

Last edited by GottaHerdOn; 12-23-2012 at 09:44 PM..

Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
You are absolutely insane...

I guess you have those pages on your favorite links page...

Just because you keep saying something over and over doesn't mean people are going to believe you. But if you can READ then you can see I never made a threat on that page or subsequent. YOU invited me into an MMA ring. What would that be called??? An attempt at intimidation?? Which was as I might add voted on the state reps AFTER you started talking about it TO me.

Also, you are really thick if you think I would meet up with some random person off the internet... Let alone someone who appears unstable. Also I know this can be complicated... but some people are sarcastic and captious. I'll break these words down for you...

Sarcastic /särˈkastik/ Adjective - Marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt.

Captious /ˈkapSHəs/ Adjective - Calculated to confuse, entrap, or entangle in argument.

Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true...

lol I feel like I'm talking to one of my 6th graders...
I invited you after you said you were coming up to Morgantown, declined my offer for a peaceful drink, and expressed a wish to fight. I have no desire to fight strangers over the internet, but I was merely accommodating you. If you didnt want to fight you should not have said you were coming to get me, and then backed out when I accepted it.

I was wary to meet a crazy over the internet who said they were going to attack me, and threatened to shoot me, but my MMA gym is full of ex-military and even police officers so I figured I would be safe. Normally I would not meet with someone who expressed a desire to commit violence against me.

Your attempt at intimidation failed Herd. I realize after I was serious and was not intimidated by you and would stand up to your online intimidation you changed your tune from internet tough guy to sarcasm. I dont blame you personally. If I was a weak coward I would have done the same after being called out.

I am not surprised you are in 6th grade. Threatening people over the internet, telling them you are going to fight someone because they butthurt you is something a 13 year old does. At least you learned a lesson from your embarrassment. So kid in the future dont try to be a tough guy over the internet, and dont throw temper tantrums when you are wrong. It just makes you look stupid. Finally if you are going to threaten someone you need to carry out your threats. As you get older, and hopefully graduate the 6th grade, you will realize this.

Are you parents aware of you act on the internet? I doubt they would appreciate you trying to pick fights with adults and how you are making an ass of yourself in front of CD.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:52 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,987,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I invited you after you said you were coming up to Morgantown, declined my offer for a peaceful drink, and expressed a wish to fight. I have no desire to fight strangers over the internet, but I was merely accommodating you. If you didnt want to fight you should not have said you were coming to get me, and then backed out when I accepted it.

I was wary to meet a crazy over the internet who said they were going to attack me, and threatened to shoot me, but my MMA gym is full of ex-military and even police officers so I figured I would be safe. Normally I would not meet with someone who expressed a desire to commit violence against me.

Your attempt at intimidation failed Herd. I realize after I was serious and was not intimidated by you and would stand up to your online intimidation you changed your tune from internet tough guy to sarcasm. I dont blame you personally. If I was a weak coward I would have done the same after being called out.

I am not surprised you are in 6th grade. Threatening people over the internet, telling them you are going to fight someone because they butthurt you is something a 13 year old does. At least you learned a lesson from your embarrassment. So kid in the future dont try to be a tough guy over the internet, and dont throw temper tantrums when you are wrong. It just makes you look stupid. Finally if you are going to threaten someone you need to carry out your threats. As you get older, and hopefully graduate the 6th grade, you will realize this.

Are you parents aware of you act on the internet? I doubt they would appreciate you trying to pick fights with adults and how you are making an ass of yourself in front of CD.
Ohhh my gosh.. you are so funny!!! Everyone must love your comedy!!! Ive realized trying to explain anything to you is futile because you clearly can't be taught to understand anything... Also you're bat $hit crazy so you mind makes you believe what it wants to believe... Also, I said I was living in Scottsdale AZ, flying in for a week to see my family and friends... Going to Morgantown one night and Huntington one night to see my friends who still live those cities. You then told me I wasn't invited to your birthday party??? and seriously... invite me out for a drink... you think you're so clever trying to be subtle with your pseudo intimidation tactics.

Also, that is so clever how you turned that around... The part where I said you were acting like one of my 6th graders I teach, and you turned it around like I was in 6th grade!!! HAHAHAHAHA Oh how do you come up with these. You are so cool, everyone must want to be like you!

Old 12-25-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Ohhh my gosh.. you are so funny!!! Everyone must love your comedy!!! Ive realized trying to explain anything to you is futile because you clearly can't be taught to understand anything... Also you're bat $hit crazy so you mind makes you believe what it wants to believe... Also, I said I was living in Scottsdale AZ, flying in for a week to see my family and friends... Going to Morgantown one night and Huntington one night to see my friends who still live those cities. You then told me I wasn't invited to your birthday party??? and seriously... invite me out for a drink... you think you're so clever trying to be subtle with your pseudo intimidation tactics.

Also, that is so clever how you turned that around... The part where I said you were acting like one of my 6th graders I teach, and you turned it around like I was in 6th grade!!! HAHAHAHAHA Oh how do you come up with these. You are so cool, everyone must want to be like you!
Yes, I am a funny, but in this case the source of the humor is your attempt to intimidate me and your cowardice. Like I said I had no desire to meet a stranger from the internet who wants to fight me, BUT you did. Since I am such a nice guy I tried to help you.

Nothing is being turned around. You said you wanted to come up to Morgantown and fight me, I merely gave you a chance, you then ran away and hid.

I am not sure how cool I am. However, I am not such a loser that I will threaten someone over the internet for everyone to see, and then back off when the person takes me up on it.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:30 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,337,485 times
As a black male, I can honestly say that in my 4 years of living in the Ashland/Huntington area, I've never experienced racism of any kind in Huntington. Ashland KY was a totally diffent story that I won't get into here, but Huntington was always a very open and tolerant escape from Ashland. Also, the YMCA, Ritter Park, and the Pullman Square area made Huntington an enjoyable trip whenever I visited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington