Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:35 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Well if TJ does decide to put a store in Huntington, and I'm not saying they will, we will expect you to say that you were wrong. It's only fair.
Of course I would be wrong.

However, since there is always a possibility it could be built I will never be right. At anytime you could say in the future. However if it is built I would be wrong no doubt. Given the current situation in Huntington it is unlikely. Like I said they don't build stores off Facebook likes but actual criteria that Huntington doesn't meet. In the future Huntington could meet the criteria but not now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,038,016 times
I know this. A Trader Joes would be very successful in Morgantown. I'd like to see a similar survey being done here. It's worth a try.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:22 AM

941 posts, read 1,355,047 times
Over 5,000 likes!!!

Now the creaters of the web page are going to petition the Huntington Municipal Development Authority to write up an official proposal for the Trader Joe's real estate team.

Btw, cities with much larger populations took months to gain as many likes as Huntington has received in just 2 days. Boise's campaign page only has 5,443 likes now and they are currently having their Trader Joe's built. It took Boise a little less than 3 years to get 5,000 likes.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
Over 5,000 likes!!!

Now the creaters of the web page are going to petition the Huntington Municipal Development Authority to write up an official proposal for the Trader Joe's real estate team.

Btw, cities with much larger populations took months to gain as many likes as Huntington has received in just 2 days. Boise's campaign page only has 5,443 likes now and they are currently having their Trader Joe's built. It took Boise a little less than 3 years to get 5,000 likes.

I keep trying to explain they don't care about Facebook likes. It is cute you think that is how it works. Unless Huntington is willing to subsidize them they won't be interested. They go where their criteria is met and places like that don't need to beg for TJ to come.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
Well, I don't know about Huntington meeting TJ's criteria...but we got one in Greenville, SC. I would have never guessed 10 years ago when we moved here that they would actually build one here. Never say never!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Well, I don't know about Huntington meeting TJ's criteria...but we got one in Greenville, SC. I would have never guessed 10 years ago when we moved here that they would actually build one here. Never say never!
Greensville is wealthier than Huntington, faster growing, and pretty well educated. It is also a fast growing area whereas Huntington is not.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
There is now a website campaign to bring Trader Joe's to Huntington. It is explained further here:

UPDATED: Bring Trader Joe's to Huntington Facebook Site Up; 3,000 Likes Already | Huntington News

Go to Facebook and Like the "Bring Trader Joe's to Huntington" Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/BringTJsToH...ed_target_id=0
WE have about the same thing going here in NWA and it seems like T Joe's just closes their eyes. When we lived in Abq, there was one and eventually another was opened shortly after we moved. The economy in ABQ can't compare with what we have in NWA nor is it as trendy and sophisticated and yet, T. Js seems to not understand.

Good luck,

Nita

Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 AM

941 posts, read 1,355,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
WE have about the same thing going here in NWA and it seems like T Joe's just closes their eyes. When we lived in Abq, there was one and eventually another was opened shortly after we moved. The economy in ABQ can't compare with what we have in NWA nor is it as trendy and sophisticated and yet, T. Js seems to not understand.

Good luck,

Nita
Thanks for the insight. We are staying optimistic though.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM

4,952 posts, read 8,947,084 times
It never hurts to try. The worst they could do is say no. Best case we get their attention and they decide to build whereas maybe they wouldn't have before. You never know unless you try though.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:51 PM

6,071 posts, read 9,093,600 times
I think Huntington/Charleston area could support one! I could see one in either city, whether it be Pullman Square or Charleston's East End. Another thought is to build one in Putnam County, but that wouldn't be so fun for the urbanites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington