U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 AM

7 posts, read 6,965 times

Advertisements

> You have presented no facts of your own other than some vague statement
> of the accreditation agency responsible for this joke field. Accreditation agencies
> are famous for being shady and misleading

Excuse me? Where did I discuss or tout anything about accreditation? All of my posts have tried to provide factual details about the Marshall program itself (a selective and limited MS program with stringent entrance requirements) and the success of the graduates (95% success rate at placing graduates of the program into the field) to hopefully clear up some of your posted opinion and innuendo.

> Your name is goherd and you do have agenda.

I have an agenda because my name here is goherd? Wow, that's a stretch. I see you are one of those posters who try to read way too much between the lines - you previously accused me of being a Marshall grad trying to make my school look good, but you missed the mark there as well.

I created the name and began posting here to hopefully provide some clarification to opinion and innuendo you are spewing. I guess my agenda is not to make it so easy for posters like you to run roughshod over forums like this. Thank you for your continued posts because they are helping back my agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 AM

6,349 posts, read 8,090,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goherd View Post
> You have presented no facts of your own other than some vague statement
> of the accreditation agency responsible for this joke field. Accreditation agencies
> aritemse famous for being shady and misleading

Excuse me? Where did I discuss or tout anything about accreditation? All of my posts have tried to provide factual details about the Marshall program itself (a selective and limited MS program with stringent entrance requirements) and the success of the graduates (95% success rate at placing graduates of the program into the field) to hopefully clear up some of your posted opinion and innuendo.

> Your name is goherd and you do have agenda.

I have an agenda because my name here is goherd? Wow, that's a stretch. I see you are one of those posters who try to read way too much between the lines - you previously accused me of being a Marshall grad trying to make my school look good, but you missed the mark there as well.

I created the name and began posting here to hopefully provide some clarification to opinion and innuendo you are spewing. I guess my agenda is not to make it so easy for posters like you to run roughshod over forums like this. Thank you for your continued posts because they are helping back my agenda.
You had no statistic to back those claims up. Just a claim. That is innuendo. If you have data that shows your claims share it.

Per your own admission you came here to argue your agenda and innuendo, which is to promote Marshall's forensics. regardless of how you spin it.

I guess my agenda is not to make it so easy for posters like you to run roughshod over forums like this and educate people about forensic science. Thank you for your continued posts because they are helping back MY agenda.

Anyway this conversation is now over to you provide facts. Attempts to get around this won't get you anywhere.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 AM

7 posts, read 6,965 times
I am completely baffled by your current "I know you are but what am I?" table turning attempts of your most recent posts.

I think I have made the points I needed to make in regard to the Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program (which, when I last checked, was the topic of this thread).

Current and future readers are free to draw their own opinions and conclusions in regard to our dialog.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goherd View Post
I am completely baffled by your current "I know you are but what am I?" table turning attempts of your most recent posts.

I think I have made the points I needed to make in regard to the Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program (which, when I last checked, was the topic of this thread).

Current and future readers are free to draw their own opinions and conclusions in regard to our dialog.
So in other words you have no source to back up your claims?

Predictably you try and make up for it by launching a personal attack against me and give yourself an excuse to leave.

As it currently stands you have no proof of anything you have said and everyone can see that.

Comeback when you have proof. Until then you are just stating opinion.

So yes all current and future readers please note the poster is refusing to share any sources for everything they are saying and instead trying to weasle out of doing this. Draw your own conclusions?

Old 08-22-2013, 01:12 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,251,304 times
nm

Last edited by aeros71; 08-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 PM

4,140 posts, read 6,841,542 times
Quote:
The United States Department of Labor expects significant job growth in the area of forensic science, at least through 2018. In fact, the federal government projects an astounding 20 percent job growth for this career field. This is a much faster growth rate than expected for other occupations. The government’s projection is due primarily to the expansion and growth of computer technology and medicine. It also stems from the increasing applications of advanced scientific techniques, like forensic DNA testing.

In light of the current interest in forensics and the expected job growth in this field, forensic science degrees are truly valuable investments. Careers in forensics are numerous and varied, and each job plays a vital role in modern criminal investigations.
Forensic Science Job Outlook | Forensic Science Colleges

Forensic Science Technicians : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Old 08-22-2013, 07:50 PM

Thank you Tim.

as we can see there is only 13,000 current jobs with less than 2500 jobs being created over 10 years. That is terrible. Even fields such as psychologist and lawyers, which are infamous, for being hard to get a job in right now are doing MUCh better. This isnt even taking into account the sequester and efforts to cut the budget, a falling crime, rate all of which will hurt this field.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 PM

4,140 posts, read 6,841,542 times
Yeah, 20% job growth in the field is terrible.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Yeah, 20% job growth in the field is terrible.

Yes, it is average, and it says it right on your source. So you have a field with only a few thousand jobs total, VERY LOW, and average job growth. I know you think 19% is a BIG number but it isnt that is standard.

Also, the degree is unnecessary. There is a reason good science schools dont teach forensics. Science fields, premed, etc, of a good program will teach you 90% of what you need to know. That last 10% can be learned by either taking a few classes, not a whole masters, or having job training. Heck, nursing and lab tech jobs probably teach you a good portion of what you need to know for forensics. It isnt a field that needs a specialty degree.

But sure if you want to get a niche degree that is only useful in one small area that has very few jobs and average job growth, along with only average salary go for it.

YYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,251,304 times
Bailey, I agree with you. 20% job growth is good for any profession right now as the economy still recovers.

Also the MU program has a concentration in Digital Forensics and obviously with the advances in technology every day, that concentration will be valuable to not only the criminal justice community but for other industries like insurance companies.

Last edited by aeros71; 08-23-2013 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or