Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 09:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
MBC is also a really cool place. It reminds me of a lot of some of the brew pub's out in Colorado when i was visiting Denver and Boulder a few years back. They let you walk out with a growler to take home as well.
I can even walk home from there if need be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 09:50 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can even walk home from there if need be.
You lucky dog

Old 08-31-2013, 02:34 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
Both NET and Marietta Brewing are hidden gems, and would def be well received in larger college towns/cities. Anytime i make a trip to Parkersburg i try to squeeze in a visit to the North End Taven for a NET burger and a couple/several local brews.

MBC is also a really cool place. It reminds me of a lot of some of the brew pub's out in Colorado when i was visiting Denver and Boulder a few years back. They let you walk out with a growler to take home as well.
Sounds great. You just know we could always use another brew pub here. We could support a half dozen of them.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:43 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Sounds great. You just know we could always use another brew pub here. We could support a half dozen of them.
I honestly want to see more locally started breweries in Morgantown.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM

6 posts, read 7,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have two great brewers in the Parkersburg area. The North End Tavern and the Marietta Brewing Company across the river in Marietta.

The thing is we keep it all for ourselves.
Not anymore! NET just started distributing to Huntington. Backyard, Black Sheep, and Giovanni's are currently selling their beers on draft.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:31 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay9 View Post
Not anymore! NET just started distributing to Huntington. Backyard, Black Sheep, and Giovanni's are currently selling their beers on draft.
That's funny because a guy at work was telling me this on Friday and here I didn't want to believe him. Since I've now seen it on the Internet it has to be true. : )

Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay9 View Post
Are they? I wasn't aware. Good for them.

P.S. I guess I was aware that they ran off the sub shop downstairs to expand.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:42 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,821 times
Yeah, the Marietta Brewing Company is wonderful. I've been to the NET a few times and was always pleased. I know they've been selling some of their brews up in Morgantown at Black Bear for at least a few years now.

If my career plans never pan out, I wouldn't mind working in a brewery. My chemical engineering degree would come in mighty handy!

Old 09-02-2013, 11:55 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Yeah, the Marietta Brewing Company is wonderful. I've been to the NET a few times and was always pleased. I know they've been selling some of their brews up in Morgantown at Black Bear for at least a few years now.

If my career plans never pan out, I wouldn't mind working in a brewery. My chemical engineering degree would come in mighty handy!
If you have a degree in Chemical Engineering, I have a hunch your career plans will work out just fine. They're going to need a lot of those types of folks in northern West Virginia once the downstream plastics industry takes shape.

I've never tried the Marietta brew. Next time I'm in Black Bear I'll check it out.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:24 AM

11 posts, read 18,794 times
Anyone else hearing that Pub and Oven is closing and will become a local brewery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington