U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM

6 posts, read 6,753 times

Advertisements

I know for a fact that a brewpub is going in where Pub and Oven used to be. I know the brewmaster and the person spearheading it. The equipment is going on the second floor. However, the first six months after opening will only be food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 10:37 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,296,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay9 View Post
I know for a fact that a brewpub is going in where Pub and Oven used to be. I know the brewmaster and the person spearheading it. The equipment is going on the second floor. However, the first six months after opening will only be food.
So they won't be selling any alcohol in the first 6 months?

Old 11-18-2013, 07:43 PM

4,151 posts, read 6,853,510 times
Quote:
I had a hunch that was what was happening there. I told my wife a few months back that would be the perfect place with that second floor just sitting empty. Glad to hear this is moving forward! Any idea of the name yet?

Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 AM

11 posts, read 15,657 times
Quote:
Awesome news!!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:39 AM

Apparently, the new brewery is going to be called The Peddler. It also looks like it may be somehow connected to the guy who owns Backyard Pizza.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:38 PM

The Tap House at Heritage Station now has a Tap Lister:

Taplister — The Tap House Huntington tap list

The Huntington Ale House is also looking to add Brewing Equipment of begin its own craft brews:

Quote:
On the craft brew front, we'll be keeping an eye on the Ale House in the new year as owner Mackie Robertson and master homebrewer Joe Snavely are currently pursuing opening a small brewpub operation at the new Ale House.

Snavely, the former president of the Greater Huntington Homebrewers Association, and a national award-winning homebrewer, has a 30-gallon system. Snavely said Robertson has the paperwork in and its pending approval for the Ale House to start making some of its own brews to have on tap.

"If we get the paperwork back in, I'll be taking my equipment over there and brewing for him," said Snavely, who also owns the Brassmasters antique shop on 14th Street West. "If we get up and running the first beer will be an amber ale then later we'll do a Rye IPA and then a Pumpkin Raspberry Porter. Once we get going we hope to have at least three beers on tap."
Tap House No. 9 is brewing up something special | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 01-05-2014, 06:13 AM

It seems that The Peddler will have its own brewery and will specialize in gourmet burgers, just like was mentioned on here. It's amazing how accurate business rumors can be sometimes. If it's anywhere near as successful as Backyard has been, Hetzer will definitely have his hands full. Backyard is packed just about any time you go there.

Quote:
The former Pub and Oven space at the corner of 4th Avenue and 9th Street is being transformed by Seth Cyfers (Ackenpucky Creative) into a new brewpub to be owned by Drew Hetzer, founder of Backyard Pizza and Raw Bar.

They are putting in a 10-barrel brewing system at the pub which is to be called The Peddler. It will feature novelty gourmet burgers and specialty fries, and, of course, plenty of in-house-made and regional craft brews.
Local arts scene looks bright in 2014 | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 01-05-2014, 12:42 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,296,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
It seems that The Peddler will have its own brewery and will specialize in gourmet burgers, just like was mentioned on here. It's amazing how accurate business rumors can be sometimes. If it's anywhere near as successful as Backyard has been, Hetzer will definitely have his hands full. Backyard is packed just about any time you go there.

Local arts scene looks bright in 2014 | The Herald-Dispatch
I am growing more and more excited about The Peddler. Craft brews, and gourmet burgers? Sounds like they will have something for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington