Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 07:43 PM

583 posts, read 577,942 times

Advertisements

I appreciate the link. Thank you. That building would have been a great addition to the city. I really like Pullman square and I'm glad it is there. Like I've said before Huntington is way overdue for some really nice development in the downtown area. Hopefully when it happens it will be even better than the 20 story tower that they proposed and make up for the lost decades. I look at these semi highrises built in Huntington and Charleston back in the teens, 20's and 30's. If something like that were going on today it would equate with 40+ story buildings being built. Don't see that happening but anything that exceeds the current skylines would be a welcome sight for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 06:23 AM

4,934 posts, read 8,881,587 times
Good posts about the potential development of those lots. Fingers crossed that people with the resources share the same vision as well!

Old 05-12-2015, 02:51 PM

530 posts, read 585,226 times
Funding for the final phase of the Old Main Corridor improvement project was approved by city council.

Quote:
Huntington City Council has approved $415,000 for completion of the Old Main Corridor Project, which links Eighth Street and Fourth Avenue to 16th Street and Hal Greer. The project originally conceived by Mayor David Felinton in 2001.
The corridor has improved streetscapes, added a bicycle lane, paved streets and increased lighting.

Hughes Construction will complete the block between 11th and 12th Street.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:23 AM

Cabell Health Department seeking accreditation, will be the first in WV to do so:

Kilkenny eager to develop health strategies for area | The Herald-Dispatch

New Huntington Hiking Club starting up:

Huntington Hiking Club Organizational Meeting Set | Huntington News

Huntington Cycle and Sport adds a cycle aid station:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...bstory_index=0

Old 05-26-2015, 06:24 AM

Marshall University | Color My College 5K

Color My College Run coming to Marshall this fall.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:32 AM

Great articles and nice to see the continued push for innovation. The only thing I saw that seemed a bit off was when the author of the one article claimed we went from three acute care hospitals and are soon to have one. Even though Cabell is buying St Marys, they are still going to be two separate hospitals. Plus, we also still have the VAMC as well. Not quite sure what the author was going for there as our medical community is much stronger today than it was 30 years ago, but he was making it seem as though it had declined.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:59 AM

941 posts, read 1,346,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Great articles and nice to see the continued push for innovation. The only thing I saw that seemed a bit off was when the author of the one article claimed we went from three acute care hospitals and are soon to have one. Even though Cabell is buying St Marys, they are still going to be two separate hospitals. Plus, we also still have the VAMC as well. Not quite sure what the author was going for there as our medical community is much stronger today than it was 30 years ago, but he was making it seem as though it had declined.
You know, that also caught my eye. The author was only talking about hospitals in Huntington. Not once was KDMC mentioned. It may not be in Huntington, but it is our Tri-State Metro Area, and only a 20 min drive from downtown (if that). KDMC is a great hospital and a great resource. Everything in the Tri-State area is a major resource. Just sayin...

Old 06-01-2015, 10:47 PM

Very true about other local hospitals.

In other news, the HMDA is actively seeking proposals for development of the lot at 4th Ave and 8th St. This is VERY good news. I'm glad to see them actively seeking development and with a plan rather than just waiting for someone to come along!

Quote:
The Huntington Municipal Development Authority is soliciting proposals for the development of the lot on the northeast corner of 4th Avenue and 8th Street. Successful proposals will be based on the following criteria:

-- Total Investment, excluding the cost of the land.
-- How quickly the project will begin.
-- What is the expected completion date.
-- The type of redevelopment for the lot: Parking, office space, housing, combination of the above or other.

The lot will be appraised and a selling price negotiated based on the appraisal and end use. A meeting will be held with respondents showing interest. An area of discussion will involve financing availability of the interested respondents.

For questions or additional information, contact Tom Bell, HMDA executive director, at 304-360-5190 or tbell@cityofhuntington.com.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...33857096625209

Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 AM

941 posts, read 1,346,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Very true about other local hospitals.

In other news, the HMDA is actively seeking proposals for development of the lot at 4th Ave and 8th St. This is VERY good news. I'm glad to see them actively seeking development and with a plan rather than just waiting for someone to come along!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...33857096625209
I thought that lot was one of the ones that they were going to auction off. Oh well, I prefer this method anyway. We are more likely to get the results that we want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington