U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2017, 08:51 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,255,858 times

Advertisements

Wasn't there also mention that one of the reasons they were hesitant to sell is due to tax purposes and write-offs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 06:13 AM

512 posts, read 385,368 times
Finally!!! The last phase of Northcott Court demolition. It's taken 4 years to demolish, I sure hope it doesn't take that long to building something new there. They (city of Huntington, developers, potential tenants, etc.) have had plenty of time to work on plans knowing the timeline for demolition so hopefully they have something lined out to get started on in relatively short order.

Final phase of demolition begins at Northcott Court | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 10-12-2017, 10:28 AM

It would be a good spot for a mixed-use development of a grocery store and shops on the first floor and two or three stories of apartments/condos above that. Given the proximity to CHH and MU SOM, it could be a great location for medical professionals.

A development like that could serve as the catalyst that area needs to be cleaned up and revitalized.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:35 PM

204 posts, read 145,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
It would be a good spot for a mixed-use development of a grocery store and shops on the first floor and two or three stories of apartments/condos above that. Given the proximity to CHH and MU SOM, it could be a great location for medical professionals.

A development like that could serve as the catalyst that area needs to be cleaned up and revitalized.
I feel like i've seen some renderings of what could happen there and it matched exactly what you just said. Anything else that close to MUSOM and CHH would be crazy. Definitely need some good housing options and a grocery store. Some nice walking distance restaurants would be good for that area too.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:03 AM

4,151 posts, read 6,852,052 times
Huntington ready to capitalize on historic rehab tax credit | News | herald-dispatch.com

Quote:
HUNTINGTON - The historic building rehabilitation tax credit increase approved by the Legislature last week won't go into effect until Jan. 1, but Huntington Mayor Steve Williams said if the date was Nov. 1 he believes at least two developers in the Jewel City would be ready to apply.

Williams wouldn't go into detail on what the two projects are, but he said the tax credit increase passed by the state Legislature during its special session shoved the projects to go.

"(The year) 2018 will be a breakout year because there are two projects waiting in line to go," he said. "I can think of two major projects in downtown Huntington, and there is the potential for a third or f
Quote:
"I'm being told by other cities we are probably 12 months to two years ahead of where other cities are because we've been so active in these last few years. In time, all things work together for good. This is showing everything we have been doing has set the foundation."

Old 10-24-2017, 11:20 AM

4,151 posts, read 6,852,052 times
Glad to see this!

Huntington announces partnership to use mobile app to pay for parking downtown

Old 10-25-2017, 06:49 AM

26 posts, read 14,631 times
That would be so convenient. Hope they would update meters to accept cards as well. Not a big fan of that 40 cent transaction fee. Thats almost 30 minute worth parking in downtown lost in fees.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:46 AM

I know I'm in the minority but I'd rather put coins in a meter when I have to pay for parking. I don't trust that the meters won't be hacked so I really don't want to use my card.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:09 PM

1,348 posts, read 1,047,878 times
They changed all of the parking meters in the lots over to digital machines that take credit cards here in Morgantown and while they are great since I don't always have change laying around, you have to make sure to type in the correct parking spot number (fat fingered it once by accident and got a ticket) but the biggest pain with them is that they are incredibly slooooooooooooooow. Lines always form if more than two cars pull into a lot at the same time. The app sounds like a nice and good idea.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:13 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,794,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
They changed all of the parking meters in the lots over to digital machines that take credit cards here in Morgantown and while they are great since I don't always have change laying around, you have to make sure to type in the correct parking spot number (fat fingered it once by accident and got a ticket) but the biggest pain with them is that they are incredibly slooooooooooooooow. Lines always form if more than two cars pull into a lot at the same time. The app sounds like a nice and good idea.
I remember when they first put the pay stations in. You're right; they were so slow. The past couple years, though, they've been quick for me.

I usually have change in my car, so meters aren't usually an issue, though the convenience of paying with a card is nice. But the beauty of a mobile app is being able to add money while your night goes longer than expected. Then again, I'll probably keep parking in the Pullman garages regardless, so it's moot for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or