U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 PM

24 posts, read 35,508 times

Advertisements

I mean, considering it storms basically every day, it's not a bad idea. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 04:20 PM

4,153 posts, read 6,855,022 times
City considering minor charter changes:

Quote:
HUNTINGTON -- City officials want to be clear: It's a change in job title, not a change in government.

That was the message after the Huntington City Council's charter review board unanimously approved a motion to ask Mayor Steve Williams to present the council with an ordinance that the job title "director of administration and finance" be changed to "city manager."
City to consider charter changes | The Herald-Dispatch

New art initiative to liven the city and benefit the Children's Hospital:

Quote:
HUNTINGTON — Huntington’s train collection will increase substantially next year thanks to a partnership among three local entities.

The City of Huntington announced Friday that it is teaming up with the Hoops Family Children’s Hospital and the Cabell Huntington Hospital Auxiliary to launch a collaborative art initiative in which artists from throughout the Tri-State region will put their own mark on 40 fiber glass train engine statues that will be put on display next year.

Art initiative to benefit children's hospital | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 07-27-2014, 08:44 PM

Huntington starts a new website to encourage citizen engagement and the exchange of ideas. Our city leaders monitor the site and look for ideas to implement.

Huntington Wants Feedback on the Arts | Huntington News

City of Huntington, WV by MindMixer

Old 07-27-2014, 10:27 PM

941 posts, read 1,050,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Huntington starts a new website to encourage citizen engagement and the exchange of ideas. Our city leaders monitor the site and look for ideas to implement.

Huntington Wants Feedback on the Arts | Huntington News

City of Huntington, WV by MindMixer
Yeah I like this website a lot. It's run through the same company that MU used to gather public input on their 10-Year Master Plan. I've been all over it the past few days.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 PM

Huntington Hosting Workshop on Economic Fiscal Health | Huntington News

Old 07-31-2014, 04:32 PM

They've been talking about doing something like this for a few years. I'm glad they finally made it happen.

Quote:
HUNTINGTON — A building that had been vacant for a decade and has attracted some crime, is about to get new life breathed into it.

The Coalfield Development Corporation has purchased the Corbin property at 1040 Vernon St. in Westmoreland. The Wayne County Economic Development Authority has sold the property for $110,000 in an effort to spark development for the neighborhood.

The Coalfield Development Corporation is a nonprofit that serves as a workforce training and life skills program for high school graduates from low income areas of Wayne County. The trainees redevelop old properties to provide affordable housing in the area, while learning the construction trade. This time, they’ll be renovating the old Corbin plant into apartments and work space for artists.
Nonprofit to redevelop former Corbin plant into space for artists | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 08-06-2014, 04:59 AM

Smart Tells Huntington How to Ensure Well Managed Fiscal Growth | Huntington News

Mayor Williams Excited About Huntington's Economic Foundation | Huntington News

Old 08-06-2014, 06:45 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,795,666 times
It was a great presentation. I just like the fact that everyone in the room (about 20 of us or so) seemed to be on the same page with all of this. I mean, there was a literal collective shudder from everyone when he mentioned "surface parking." I'm so happy to see our city moving in the right direction and getting all this help and guidance.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:40 AM

We didn't get a chance to go last night but Christina is at the meeting all day today since she is part of the Historic Preservation Committee. I'll post here if she comes back with any good information. I too am very glad of the direction Huntington is taking. Things are definitely getting better each year.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:07 AM

Central City district gets new banners | The Herald-Dispatch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or