U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:57 AM

10,269 posts, read 10,379,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Please, let's stop the bickering and speculation. This thread was started to celebrate Marshall's win in the Military bowl. If you want to belittle Marshall, head on over to the WVU Rivals forums. There are plenty of threads over there about Marshall you can chime in on.
Good point, Tim. Everyone in my circle of friends is celebrating Marshall's win. That includes my WVU professor brother. This will merit another sign in the stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 03:42 PM

9,400 posts, read 11,458,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
I call it like I see it, if I love you or not.
I just know you meant something else there. At least I hope you did. Sorry Will... I don't go there.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Good point, Tim. Everyone in my circle of friends is celebrating Marshall's win. That includes my WVU professor brother. This will merit another sign in the stadium.
There was absolutely no reason to bring WVU into this discussion. Once that is done, then a counter can be expected. That's just common sense. It was a thread about Marshall's game. It should have stayed that way. If I am posting on a thread about a West Virginia game and I bring Marshall into the discussion in a negative manner like that, I can assure you somebody would respond in like manner.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:47 PM

83 posts, read 100,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Once again the ACC goes down in flames. Take away FSU, and to a much lesser extent Clemson, and it is pure cupcake.
UNC blew out Cincy, one of WV's main rivals in the Big East once Va Tech, Miami and BC left. Pitt and Syracuse both won as well. Lousville beat Miami and lousivlle is in ACC next year.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDMC View Post
UNC blew out Cincy, one of WV's main rivals in the Big East once Va Tech, Miami and BC left. Pitt and Syracuse both won as well. Lousville beat Miami and lousivlle is in ACC next year.
Cincy was never considered a rival here. They were an opponent, much like Duke is a UNC opponent, but I doubt you would consider them a football rival. Cincy has generally always sucked at football. Louisville generally isn't very good either, and the fact that they beat Miami speaks more to the quality of the Miami program than it does Louisville's program.

Louisville is an awful venue for college football. If you haven't been there yet, you'll find that out for yourself. Their stadium is basically located in the slum section of the city. Parking is very limited. There is actually a junk yard that opens itself up for parking near the stadium, and charges people to park among rows of stacked junked cars piles on top of each other. The pre game venues flat out suck, and if the game is at night you have to worry about safety getting to and from your car and or hotel. They are a flash in the pan program without sustained success over time. Now, in basketball they are a power and will add to the ACC in that sport, but they will merely assist in keeping ACC football crappy over time.

The thing is, this thread is about a Marshall football game, not the ACC, and not West Virginia. We should allow it to get back to its intended purpose and keep these things out of it. West Virginia should not have been brought into it, and neither should have the ACC.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:26 PM

83 posts, read 100,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Cincy was never considered a rival here. They were an opponent, much like Duke is a UNC opponent, but I doubt you would consider them a football rival. Cincy has generally always sucked at football. Louisville generally isn't very good either, and the fact that they beat Miami speaks more to the quality of the Miami program than it does Louisville's program.

Louisville is an awful venue for college football. If you haven't been there yet, you'll find that out for yourself. Their stadium is basically located in the slum section of the city. Parking is very limited. There is actually a junk yard that opens itself up for parking near the stadium, and charges people to park among rows of stacked junked cars piles on top of each other. The pre game venues flat out suck, and if the game is at night you have to worry about safety getting to and from your car and or hotel. They are a flash in the pan program without sustained success over time. Now, in basketball they are a power and will add to the ACC in that sport, but they will merely assist in keeping ACC football crappy over time.

The thing is, this thread is about a Marshall football game, not the ACC, and not West Virginia. We should allow it to get back to its intended purpose and keep these things out of it. West Virginia should not have been brought into it, and neither should have the ACC.
Or that Miami's key player on offense is out. Miami's been on probation too. Lousville has a very good QB and defense and coach though.

I don't go to road games, i hardly go to home games anymore. Do you go to games out in the big 12? lol if so that is some dedication.

I think lousville is at least as good as Maryland in football. I would have liked to hvae kept Maryland though, i dont think they gain anything by going to big 10.

Somebody else brought up ACC. I did forget to mention that Clemson has beat FSU 50% of the time the best decade. This year was the first time they won at Clemson in 10 years.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:55 PM

Why don't we get this back on topic... Marshall had a nice bowl win. Good for them. I don't care about it one way or the other, but I have nothing against it either so good for them.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:02 PM

705 posts, read 877,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I just know you meant something else there. At least I hope you did. Sorry Will... I don't go there.
I meant that as if I love WVU or not I will call it as I see it.

I got respect for you CT.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
I meant that as if I love WVU or not I will call it as I see it.

I got respect for you CT.
Glad for that, Will.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:25 AM

4,151 posts, read 6,852,052 times
Chuck Landon: Bowl pays dividend to Herd, Holliday | The Herald-Dispatch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or