U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 05:28 PM

4,151 posts, read 6,852,052 times

Advertisements

Marshall in at #25 on this sports writers list:

Writer: Marshall in Top 25 | The Herald-Dispatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 05:35 PM

941 posts, read 1,049,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Marshall in at #25 on this sports writers list:

Writer: Marshall in Top 25 | The Herald-Dispatch
This is great! We don't get to see this stuff very often, and so I'm sure that Herd fans can really appreciate what it means. This will be exciting year for MU. The stadium will probably have a few more people than normal and people are already excited for basketball (for obvious reasons).

Old 05-16-2014, 08:54 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,296,055 times
It's certainly nice to see. The strength of schedule is going to hold them back some this year. But the Herd could be favored in every regular season game

Old 05-16-2014, 09:34 PM

941 posts, read 1,049,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
It's certainly nice to see. The strength of schedule is going to hold them back some this year. But the Herd could be favored in every regular season game
Yeah the schedule is nothing to boast about. I wish that we were at least playing v-tech or something.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:01 PM

9,400 posts, read 11,458,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
Yeah the schedule is nothing to boast about. I wish that we were at least playing v-tech or something.
I think they probably deserve this ranking. Holliday is doing a good job with his team, and he isn't responsible for the weak schedule. Maybe they can get to a bowl game where they can prove they deserve to be there.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:13 AM

40 posts, read 37,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
Marshall will probably be double-digit favorites in every single game up until the bowl game, including the CUSA championship game, which likely will be held in Huntington.

Of course, we were favored in every game last year except VT (6 pt underdogs in Blacksburg), and we lost a couple we shouldn't have.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murox View Post
Marshall will probably be double-digit favorites in every single game up until the bowl game, including the CUSA championship game, which likely will be held in Huntington.

Of course, we were favored in every game last year except VT (6 pt underdogs in Blacksburg), and we lost a couple we shouldn't have.
I don't doubt that. Doc is surprising everyone with his success. Nobody believed he could coach in the past, although he has always been recognized as a top flight recruiter. If he has another great year, he will get interest from BCS level programs even though his teams in general don't face tough competition. I believe that will happen, and he will be out of Huntington within a couple years.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:58 AM

40 posts, read 37,025 times
And I believe wvu will have another losing season, the (football) drunk will be fired (basketball drunk is still hanging on), and Honest Ollie will hire another "up and comer" who will prove not capable of coaching.

Doc isn't going anywhere, and there is no such thing as the BCS anymore. Please go back to the Morganhole forum where your "insight" is appreciated. Literally no one wants your opinion on this forum.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murox View Post
And I believe wvu will have another losing season, the (football) drunk will be fired (basketball drunk is still hanging on), and Honest Ollie will hire another "up and comer" who will prove not capable of coaching.

Doc isn't going anywhere, and there is no such thing as the BCS anymore. Please go back to the Morganhole forum where your "insight" is appreciated. Literally no one wants your opinion on this forum.
Blatant thread hijack attempt. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with WVU. The topic is Marshall facilities. One thing I can assure you they don't want here is your personal vendetta against me, or your directly disparaging remarks about my city (the thread has nothing to do with Morgantown either). This is not a smack board, and since my threads have been read 4.5 million times on this forum while yours have been read a couple dozen, one wonders why you would even try to do this? This is not a place for you to air your personal grievance or dislike of me, and I no longer post on your smack boards. If you have some sort of personal issue with me from the past, send me a personal message and I promise to respond to you that way. This is not the time or place. Please get back to the topic at hand... Marshall facilities.

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 05-19-2014 at 10:56 AM..

Old 05-19-2014, 03:56 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,255,858 times
There is no excuse for Marshall not to be at least 10-2 or 11-1 at the end of the season.

At least in 2015 Purdue comes to Huntington. Purdue, Indiana, Iowa and Minnesota are Big 10 teams I would like to see Marshall play in football. Looking at those teams and their future schedules and open weekends needing opponents, Iowa and Indiana have openings in 2017, Minnesota has some openings in 2018 and 2019 and Purdue has openings in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or