Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2016, 08:38 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times

Advertisements

Probably just a conceptual rendering. I see this kind of stuff all the time, including CURA making a rendering of a building on the East End of Charleston with a Starbucks in it. I doubt Macy's would want to leave the mall. I could easily see a Bed Bath and Beyond as one of the tenants, and maybe Starbucks would move from their current location on Merritt's Creek to a new one at Tanyard, but again they grab familiar brands to convey the rendering.

I'd think that a Dunkin Donuts would be dying to get a location in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 11:52 AM

530 posts, read 589,468 times
Bed, Bath & Beyond would not surprise me one bit especially since they have one at their complex in Morgantown. Macy's would be a surprise if they would move from the mall. I would not be surprised if Starbucks built a free standing store there to give them much more room than they currently have a Merritt's Creek and I think they would move from there.

I would think Dunkin Donuts or even a Krispy Kreme would love to locate there.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:06 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Bed, Bath & Beyond would not surprise me one bit especially since they have one at their complex in Morgantown. Macy's would be a surprise if they would move from the mall. I would not be surprised if Starbucks built a free standing store there to give them much more room than they currently have a Merritt's Creek and I think they would move from there.

I would think Dunkin Donuts or even a Krispy Kreme would love to locate there.
Nothing surprises me with Starbucks, they literally build within blocks of each other in a lot of locations. Heck, Morgantown's 6th true (as in being an official Starbucks, not just a coffee shop serving Starbucks, like Barnes and Noble) Starbucks is being built right now.

I doubt it will be a Krispy Kreme though, they tend to only build new stores in regions that they don't already have a store in since each store is responsible for Donut making and distribution for that area.

Could be an Einstein Bagels, they are majorly expanding right now and have merged with Caribou Coffee.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:34 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,950,320 times
Unless Macy's is undergoing a major shift in their operating model, I'd be very surprised to see them move out of the mall. The mall has higher visibility and the amount of traffic there will likely dwarf what Tanyard Station will see without a doubt.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see another Starbucks at Tanyard in addition to Merritt's Creek. I actually would be more surprised if they didn't build one there, one on 5th Ave by the stadium in the new development there and one somewhere off of 16th Street (either the strip next to the gas station or on top of Kinetic Park). Keep in mind, the Huntington area was the site of the first real Starbucks in the state and currently has the highest number of stores in the state.

As mentioned, Einstein Bagels could be another fit as they were looking at the Huntington area several years ago for a possible store as well.

Like with most things around here though, we likely won't know for sure until construction starts.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:07 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,035 times
I believe Einstein Brothers Bagels, Caribou Coffee and Krispy Kreme are all under the same corporate umbrella now.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Einstein location in Barboursville, if for nothing else than to offer another food option. I also think something like Noodles and Company or Red Robin would do good business in the area.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:37 PM

Anyone know if the site prep/road improvements for Tanyard Station was successfully bid out today as had been advertised? Who knows if the media would report on this, my guess is no.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:29 AM

Well, not sure what happened to the Nov 17th bid date; but here is a newer bulletin saying the bid would take place 11/22. Not sure what the status is at this point or why the bid was delayed, albeit only slightly.

https://cdcnews.postclickmarketing.c...alendar/WV.pdf

Old 11-25-2016, 06:10 AM

4,954 posts, read 8,950,320 times
Small update on The Crossing in the paper today:

'The Crossing' development still in early stages | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 11-25-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
That will interesting to see when Pin Point moves from their current location on US 60 next to Farley's Hot Dogs what might go in there. It's a pretty big decent sized piece of property and it would be nothing less than a prime piece of real estate for development. It would not surprise me at all if the River Place Plaza expanded on down in that direction taking both Farley's Hot Dogs and the current Pin Point location. I would love to see that entire piece of property developed all the way down to where the mobile home lot is currently located.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:28 AM

251 posts, read 260,375 times
Nothing major will happen down at the current Pin Point / Farley's area. Those businesses lease their spaces and the owner charges a ridiculous amount and isn't at all flexible. I hate to say it but I'm not that confident that the owners of Pin Point working with Old Colony Realty will be able to do a top notch development at The Crossing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington