Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2017, 12:36 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,576,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
This is something that has driven me crazy (among many others) regarding this project. There has literally been so much mixed reporting...one day it's 200,000 then it's 400,000, then back to 200,000...never any consistency. I remember when the HD reported the headline that it had been expanded to 400,000 sq. Ft and then in every single report they have filed after that announcement (which have been few and far between) have said 200,000 sq. Ft. and of course without any official updates from the developer, who knows at this point? In terms of the road, I know the goal was to widen US all the way to Mall Rd. but the immediate plans associated with Tanyard were to widen it just in closer proximity to the development as well as intersection modifications and additional traffic lights. But wow, having US 60 widened to 6-7 lanes in some places will be quite impressive. If you look at the Tanyard Website and zoom in on the plan, you can see that there are many lanes drawn near the intersection.
One figure may be excluding the big-box hardware store, and the other may be including it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 05:43 AM

530 posts, read 585,069 times
Here's a riveting, deeply investigative (sarcasm) report by the HD on Tanyard Station.

Site preparation begins at Tanyard Station | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 02-13-2017, 12:18 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,210,731 times
There is an updated plan in the ira website but I am having a hard time telling a difference between the new and old. The only thing I think changed is the bottom right hand side, looks like they removed a couple larger shopping buildings and put in more drive through food places. It now looks like there is only one sit down restaurant in the plans, but three fast food places. Also looks like there is a building for a starbucks and one other shop next to the fast food area. I'm going to bet one of those fast food places is a sonic from the looks of one of the buildings.

Also how old is the 84 lumber in Huntington? By looking at the plans, the home improvement place really reminds me of 84 lumber with that very large outdoor yard.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:32 PM

251 posts, read 258,208 times
Would be very surprised if it was a Sonic. The Sonic Drive-In a mile down the road by the Mall was just renovated recently. If it's gotta be fast food hopefully it will be something like a Zaxby's, Popeye's or Five Guys. I'd say maybe Shake Shack or something but there's pretty much no chance of that.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:35 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,210,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredAtWork304 View Post
Would be very surprised if it was a Sonic. The Sonic Drive-In a mile down the road by the Mall was just renovated recently. If it's gotta be fast food hopefully it will be something like a Zaxby's, Popeye's or Five Guys. I'd say maybe Shake Shack or something but there's pretty much no chance of that.
Reason I assumed Sonic is because of how tiny (even for fast food) the building is and the one looks like it has a drawing for a over hang and no parking spot against the building like the other two. Who knows though.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:59 PM

530 posts, read 585,069 times
Who knows at this point what will be going in there especially since the developers refuse to provide any updates whatsoever. Still looks very underwhelming to me, especially compared to how it was supposed to be. I am not holding me breath on getting many new businesses. As painful as it is to say, I feel like we are probably in for a lot of duplicates that already exist in the area. For real though, do anyone have any clue when they will be making some announcements? I have emailed so many times with no response.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:12 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,969,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Who knows at this point what will be going in there especially since the developers refuse to provide any updates whatsoever. Still looks very underwhelming to me, especially compared to how it was supposed to be. I am not holding me breath on getting many new businesses. As painful as it is to say, I feel like we are probably in for a lot of duplicates that already exist in the area. For real though, do anyone have any clue when they will be making some announcements? I have emailed so many times with no response.
If that's the same organization that is developing our new development west of I-79, they are very slow to make announcements, so don't think they are picking on you. They are actually putting up buildings around here that we have no idea what will be inside them. Rumor is some announcements will be made in the Spring, but there is no way of knowing. Quite probably your situation is similar. I suspect they just don't want to tip their hand to avoid alerting competition.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:54 PM

4,932 posts, read 8,879,625 times
Now that dirt is moving, I'd say we'll hear some announcements before too long. I didn't realize how close to the railroad bridge they are going. They may run into more trouble in that area as that is a Civil War site (Fortification Hill) and this could cause some archaeological delays if anything turns up.

Homepage of Barboursville Civil War Days

Old 02-16-2017, 10:43 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,125,896 times
On the site plan map, from looking at the design of the gas station, it will be another Sheetz.

The one restaurant location, the furthest on the right, is around 2,000 square feet. That isn't very large, and I'm willing to be it will be another Starbucks location. A quick Google search shows that Starbucks is aiming for the new locations to be around that square footage. If it is another Starbucks that will be very disappointing.

The grocery store on the map has a listing of 19,000 square footage. That is larger than the normal footprint for Trader Joe's and Aldi, also according to a Google search. A Whole Foods is usually above 35,000 square feet. So I'm not sure who the potential grocer could be.

As for the potential Home Improvement store, it would seem that it would have to be a Menards given the size of the store on the plans.

Also on the site plan, there is a 2,000 square foot retail space, with what appears to be a dual drive through area. This is in front of the home improvement store at the intersection of one of the entrances. Given that layout, could this be one of those drive thru tobacco or liquor stores? I hope not.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:51 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,405,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
On the site plan map, from looking at the design of the gas station, it will be another Sheetz.

The one restaurant location, the furthest on the right, is around 2,000 square feet. That isn't very large, and I'm willing to be it will be another Starbucks location. A quick Google search shows that Starbucks is aiming for the new locations to be around that square footage. If it is another Starbucks that will be very disappointing.

The grocery store on the map has a listing of 19,000 square footage. That is larger than the normal footprint for Trader Joe's and Aldi, also according to a Google search. A Whole Foods is usually above 35,000 square feet. So I'm not sure who the potential grocer could be.

As for the potential Home Improvement store, it would seem that it would have to be a Menards given the size of the store on the plans.

Also on the site plan, there is a 2,000 square foot retail space, with what appears to be a dual drive through area. This is in front of the home improvement store at the intersection of one of the entrances. Given that layout, could this be one of those drive thru tobacco or liquor stores? I hope not.
The Sheetz is already confirmed, per their stormwater permit application and approval.

The grocery store is likely Aldi. 19,000 sf is still within the realm of possibility for them or TJ's.

The HI store is, like you said, probably Menards (especially given the proximity to Home Depot and Lowe's).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington