Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 11:43 AM

530 posts, read 589,412 times

Advertisements

It actually appears that for some reason the Dropbox link is only showing up when I go to the Tanyard Station website from my iPhone. It is not showing up on my laptop so not sure what the issue is or if others have been able to see it from a PC or laptop. I can access it from my iPhone and there are two folders w/ documents and plans (lots of files). I am going to try to look through them and see if I can find anything of interest. Regardless, it does seem as if this project is FINALLY going to start very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 12:22 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Tanyard Station website now has a Dropbox link just below the Bid Notice towards the bottom of the page. Lots of documents/site plans in there. Will take a while to look through.

Also, for the record, both Five Guys and SportsClips were planning to construct new locations at the "Proposed Barboursville Shops" that has now flopped and no longer planned. This was to be located just across from Taco Bell at the intersection of W. Mall Road and US 60. This was just a couple of years ago or less.

Hmmm all of the site plans only show 4 buildings so far, the three A,B,C buildings and then another similar sized building. All of the rest just show available pads.

The sheetz pad is even showing as available.

Also, the plans only call for brining in telephone lines (DSL) to the site, no mention of cable or fiber-optic lines. Seems very strange if that holds true.

Last edited by WVUmatt; 08-10-2017 at 12:31 PM..

Old 08-10-2017, 12:52 PM

Yes, I thought that was odd as well. I do know they were planning on completing the project in three phases, but certainly Phase 1 was much more than just those 4 buildings. Also it is for certain that Sheetz will be included in Phase 1 as I expect it to be one of the earliest buildings to be constructed. There has to be some explanation. I wonder if it's that those other "tracts" will have their own contractors/building crews to construct those buildings whereas as the "Shops" that have been shown are more of the strip style type that will be built by the main contractor awarded the overall project bid? I can't help but wonder if it's just showing the structures that the main contractor will be responsible for constructing.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:18 AM

Today is the pre-bid meeting for Tanyard Station at 1:30pm. Hopefully it will be covered by news media and some new information will be released. I've been told that the Herald-Dispatch does plan on covering the meeting. It's my understanding that bids will be closed one week from today.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:30 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,149,512 times
While looking at the posted site map on the Tanyard Station website, the plan shows that the Woody Williams Bridge (the one that crosses the Mud River) will be 6 lanes wide. The existing bridge is currently 4 lanes wide (5 if you count the small turn only lane on the north end of the bridge) and only has room to be 5 lanes wide.

Also, I don't remember any mention from the WVDOH on widening or replacing the bridge. So where is the room for this 6 lane?

Old 08-15-2017, 09:55 AM

251 posts, read 260,344 times
Speaking of roads leading to all of these new developments...

I wonder if there is any desire to put a bridge to connect to Ohio 7 near the mouth of Big Ben Bowen HWY? What about widening Rt 2? In my opinion, Rt 2 needs to be widened all of the way to Parkersburg or further.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:42 PM

456 posts, read 602,624 times
anyone hear any news from the meeting today about Tanyard

Old 08-16-2017, 04:15 AM

Some of the highlights:
- Bids are due in one week (8/22)
- One general prime contractor will be selected for the project
- Most of the tenants will construct their own buildings (hence why they are not depicted in the site plan for the main project being bid out)
- Some tenants will purchase their tracts of land and some will lease
- They hope to make some tenant announcements by the end of this month
- Construction to begin mid-late September
- Timeline: Phase 1 tenants open by Fall 2018 and "main anchor tenants" by Fall 2019

Bidding to begin for Tanyard retail project | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 08-16-2017, 02:31 PM

37 posts, read 35,840 times
Thats great! Looking forward to the tenant announcements. If they announce some stores which are new to the region, it will help make this more popular. This could turn out to be very nice for the Barboursville area.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredAtWork304 View Post
Speaking of roads leading to all of these new developments...

I wonder if there is any desire to put a bridge to connect to Ohio 7 near the mouth of Big Ben Bowen HWY? What about widening Rt 2? In my opinion, Rt 2 needs to be widened all of the way to Parkersburg or further.
The roads are definitely going to need to be upgraded to accomodate these developments, all the way from the widening of I-64 to widening of US 60, both of which are planned. I believe that will eventually be extended out further to include possibly Rt 2 and would be fantastic if they would build a bridge to connect to Ohio Rt 7 - I know this bridge idea has been mentioned in the past but no solid plans that I'm aware of. These two developements may tip the scales to go ahead and push that project closer to the front burner and hopefully to fruition. It would really open that part of OH up to easy access to Barboursville which would be great for business.

Also, a good point was made regarding the bridge going over the Mid River being depicted as 6 lanes. Not quite sure how they would plan on accomplishing this other than a bridge expansion project. It will certainly be needed to accomodate significant increase in traffic volume coming off I-64 and on US 60.

Bottom line, looks like there's going to be lots of major construction going on in the Barboursville area for the foreseeable future which will be great news for the local and state economies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington