Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 05:39 AM

4,947 posts, read 8,934,450 times

Advertisements

I haven't heard anything but if I'm not mistaken, Menards actually owns the land that they intend to build on. I'd imagine they will start shortly, after most of the heavier spring rains have stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 05:09 PM

530 posts, read 588,264 times
Road widening is back underway on US 60 in front of Tanyard. Will be nice to get that completed to help relieve some of the traffic issues there.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:43 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,143,535 times
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/news...dc4f7e9f6.html

Update from the H-D regarding developments at Tanyard and the widening of Rt. 60.

From the article:
"As far as additional tenants for the new retail development, Roswall says exciting news is on the way.

"The ICSC Convention is at the end of May and we have multiple appointments for leasing space at Tanyard," he said. "We hope to make an announcement on a 30,000-square-foot entertainment component once we return. Also, we expect Menards to begin construction soon, as we were told that their plans are out for bid."

Old 05-04-2019, 03:34 PM

4,947 posts, read 8,934,450 times
That's good news about Menards. Hopefully they are up and running by the end of the year.

I wonder what the Entertainment component will be? Hopefully something different and not a repeat of something already in the area.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:47 PM

At 30,000 sq ft., it has to be something similar to Dave and Buster's, I would think. I remember seeing a news story, probably close to two years ago, that mentioned D&B's are looking at a 25k-30k square footage size for most future locations.

IF Tanyard lands a D&B's, or a Main Event, it would justify all the effort put into this project because up until now, the current tenants are nothing to get excited about.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:24 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,503,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
At 30,000 sq ft., it has to be something similar to Dave and Buster's, I would think. I remember seeing a news story, probably close to two years ago, that mentioned D&B's are looking at a 25k-30k square footage size for most future locations.

IF Tanyard lands a D&B's, or a Main Event, it would justify all the effort put into this project because up until now, the current tenants are nothing to get excited about.
There's also Tilt, which seems to be growing. I'd estimate the new one in Hagerstown, MD is about 30,000 sf. Great time for kids and kids at heart like me.

https://tiltstudio.com/

Old 05-07-2019, 09:38 AM

It could be Tilt as they have locations in similar sized metro areas.

In a perfect world, I'd rather have a Main Event but they are usually found in larger metros.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:23 PM

9 posts, read 9,443 times
Still no updates on the new Menard's? I was under the impression that they would begin construction in early spring, but spring is over in 2 weeks. Just wondering if there's something that's holding them up from starting on it.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:42 PM

456 posts, read 600,439 times
They just had a so called big announcement in Morgantown by the governor that Menards was coming to Westridge in 2021 and it would be the first in West Virginia. Well they have been coming to Wheeling at the Highlands for a couple years and they were supposed to start building a couple months ago there but nothing yet. The Tanyard was supposed to be the second one and it also was to start now with nothing happening so who knows if they are coming at all. They had announced for Parkersburg but nothing on it lately and one in Bridgeport the ground hasn't even been gotten ready so it would be at least a couple years by West Virginia building standards. All these shopping centers seem to take many more years to develop here than they would in other states. If their meeting with tenants was May 30th at the ICSC convention and they wanted to make a announcement right after wouldn't they have done it by the 7th of June. All these centers keep stretching announcements out and expectations are never met.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:03 PM

456 posts, read 600,439 times
Well the end of May has come and gone and so has June and most of July yet zero announcements. Menards is a no show so far!!!!! They must not have signed anyone that they thought they were going to at the ICSC convention. Is the road work coming along in that area any widening supposed to be done this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington