U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 06:15 AM

11 posts, read 3,308 times

Advertisements

To tbailey1138 what about 28th St area around 12th ave. or so , between 8th ave. and 14th ave or so arenas I am thinking moving to Huntington WV myself and Disabled but can walk but not too far right now and I go to the VA and noticed the bus system goes there.
I also would like to know how much to heat with natural gas a 1000 sq ft home in Huntington.

Thanks and any information will help,
Jerry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 07:03 AM

11 posts, read 3,308 times
I am wanting to move Huntington and was looking on 28th St between 9th ave and 13th 0r 14th ave ,
Is this an ok area where I can walk, I know the bus goes down or up that street and I am Disabled.
I can walk but can't carry much either need a cart.
I need to know is the area 28th ST is safe. Also I would like to know about the average winter heating with Natural Gas if you happen To know.
Any Information will help me greatly.
Thanks,
Jerry

Old 07-29-2018, 03:23 AM

63 posts, read 27,716 times
How is the area around 7th Avenue and 6th street. I'm still just cyber looking, money comes in 2 days but i'm trying to finish things before i can move (It's a nightmare the driving teacher I had went into panic attacks and not from my driving so 2 months delay as the other school is booked with kids). I see it is a business area but it has some cheap houses that have an Apartment on top and a retail unit on the bottom. Not that I'm gonna have a business, I only need 1 or 2 bedrooms for me and then a hobby shop/space and game room. And a separate unit would be great to keep people coming for games night or book club out of my actual living space.

And would normal people go to that area in the evenings for games and book clubs

Old 07-30-2018, 03:28 PM

4,151 posts, read 6,853,510 times
That area can be kind of hit and miss but overall, it isn't too bad. If you have specific apartments, just shoot me a PM and I'll tell you what I can. Most people are going to go to the library or the central business district for games and book clubs. The library is only about 5 blocks from there.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:11 AM

You may have said but what about the "Highlawn" area of town

Old 08-09-2018, 07:04 AM

Highlawn is a nice area overall. A few little pockets to look out for like anywhere else. If you have questions of specific properties, send me a PM and I’ll give you any info I have.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:58 AM

So how is Virginia Ave between 6th sw and 9th sw. It's two block from the river how many times has that area been flooded.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:04 PM

That area of Virginia Ave has a lot of industrial business that you might not want to be too close too. Huntington has a flood wall so you don't really have to worry about mass flooding, just localized flash flooding. Even that is rare as of late since they've turned a lot more attention to cleaning out storm drains.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:18 AM

I'm old and half deaf and lived for years next to a trucking firm so industrial area does not bother me, plus the area has large lots for a garden and few neighbors to complain if I play star trek to loud or guest yell "yeah Natural D20". It's just going to be me, my work shop and game room nothing fancy, plus being near the armory is a plus during zombie out break (once they find out i can repair combat boots and web gear) and the area is in my prince range, as long as the roof and foundation is sound I don't care about looks, I'm choosing towns with a restore and goodwill stores so i can rebuild the inside slowly on the cheap.

One worry about the area is waves of homeless at night stealing my Zucchini or complaints to the police about people with swords in the yard dressed like they are from LOTR

Last edited by Wyvern-Quill; 10-08-2018 at 10:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or