Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,335 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving to Huntington soon and I am looking for a house/apartment (preferably studio or one bedroom) in a safe area that would be wheelchair accessible (flat entryway w/ little to no stairs). I’d prefer to live in Huntington as opposed to Barboursville given that most of my courses will be near Cabell Hospital.

Any contacts or recommendations would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 05:11 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,950,320 times
Here's the rental guide for the area, which would probably be a good place to start. If you have any questions about any specific apartments, I'll do my best to answer them. There were some signs up for some places on 8th street so I'll try to get some contact info for you if they are still available. Marshall is in the process of building new graduate housing right next to the Byrd Center so that may be an option for you next year. I hope this helps and if I come across anything else, I'll send the info your way.

Tim

http://www.homeswvohky.com/rg20-3.pdf

Old 07-15-2018, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,335 times
Thanks Tim, I'll definitely look into the link you sent! I am looking at apartment units at The Galleria and the West Virginia Building but I havent been able to find many reviews on either.

Please let me know if you hear anything about the property on 8th St.

The Marshall Graduate housing facility will be a great addition for the university and I'm looking forward to hearing updates about its development. the latest video renderings on ET Architects Facebook page looks great:

https://www.facebook.com/29832688363...9116124218639/

Old 07-15-2018, 07:30 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,950,320 times
The WV Building appears to be very nice but I haven't actually been inside. The current owner has put a lot of work into to upgrades and I know he cares a lot about making Huntington better. I haven't heard much about The Galleria but it's right across the street so the overall convenience would be about the same. Another building in the same block with apartments would be the Angel Building Lofts. They have also bee recently renovated and here is some info on them. One is an article detailing the renovation and the other appears to be an Air BnB listing in the building by the building owner with some pictures.

Developer completes renovation of downtown Huntington building | Business | herald-dispatch.com

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23021628

Old 07-16-2018, 02:51 AM

194 posts, read 182,073 times
Not about houses but I'm probably moving to Huntington in 3 months and was asking about disabled access and was told

Busses DO have wheelchair lifts, and you would also have access to the shuttle (Dial-A-Ride | Tri-State Transit Authority) that will take you door to door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington