Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:24 PM

4 posts, read 32,370 times

Advertisements

I am interviewing this weekend Aug 14th for a possible job transfer to Huntington, WV. I am looking for a place to rent to start then will buy a home if Huntington is a good fit for me and my wife.

I would like either a Loft apartment in a nice downtown area or a cabin/house in the country. I know that is going from one extreme to another but thats what I'm looking for. Are there any Loft type apartments around Pullman Square? Any information would be great, Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 PM

4,934 posts, read 8,880,544 times
There are currently some loft apartments in downtown Huntington for sale/rent and more that are under construction. The St. James is a block over from Pullman Square and has some VERY nice apartments. There are a couple for sale at the 9th St Flats just up from Pullman but they are pretty pricey. The Frederick Building also has some apartments for sale/rent and these vary in how recently they have been updated. They are currently working on some lofts right across from Pullman but I'm not sure about the price. Here are some links and I hope this helps. If you have any questions about properties in development, you could probably talk to a local realtor or someone from City Hall. Welcome to Huntington and let me know if you have any other questions about parks, restaurants, etc.

Tim

Welcome To The St. James Condominiums

The Frederick

LoopNet - 9th Street Flats, Office Condo, 419 9th Street, Huntington, WV

City of Huntington, West Virginia

Huntington Board Of Realtors - Find a REALTOR (http://www.huntingtonboardofrealtors.com/addrbook.cgi?LT=C&Password= - broken link)

Old 08-10-2009, 09:01 PM

Thanks the board of realtors link really helps and the 9th street building is interesting also. I am looking for a loft apartment that is more on the historic side and not remodeled with the insane price tag.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:09 PM

You might check into The Frederick then. Very historic building and right in the core of downtown Huntington. Not all of the apartments have been remodeled and it has an upscale restaurant in the lobby called21 at The Frederick

You would also be right across from the historic Keith Albee Performing Arts Center for all of the Marshall Artists Series and Huntington Symphony shows.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:26 PM

Thanks for the info, I will check out the Frederick building for sure.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:15 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,970,415 times
You'd be making a good choice by moving to Huntington, which has some of the world's nicest people living there.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:48 PM

If you like Ribs, make sure to check out Rib Fest while you are here this weekend. Here's what's going on:

Get the lowdown on the 14th annual Huntington Rib and Music Festival - The Herald Dispatch

Old 08-26-2009, 02:56 PM

We didn't have much time to so we didn't get to go to the Rib Fest but we did get to drive by. The Frederick is way over priced for the space and the quality they offer. I am currently looking at homes to buy if I can. I am supposed to move to the Huntington area and start the job by October 1st. We are looking for something away from town but close to the VA Hospital where I am going to be working. We may need to lease something temporarily until we find a house. Any suggestions?

Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Looking for things in Spring Valley and Westmoreland would be the closest to the VA and not far from downtown Huntington. You might also look for things in the Southside or just off of 5th St Road (I-64 exit 8). There is a subdivision there called Pleasant Valley Estates that is close to the interstate and not far from the VA. If you need a place to rent, there is also Seneca Ridge townhomes just off of Route 10. Make sure to contact a realtor and they can help you to refine your search and help you find the house for you. Here are a few links that may be helpful.
Tim

Pleasant Valley Estates (http://www.pleasantvalleypropertiesinc.com/index.asp - broken link)

Seneca Ridge Townhomes

Homes of the Tri-State

Old 08-27-2009, 05:38 PM

28 posts, read 79,389 times
I found realtors not to be much help when I was looking for a place to rent. Craig's List is a good place to look, I found my apartment in the classified section of the Herald Tribune.

You can also find places by driving around, but that gets tedious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington