U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:52 PM

820 posts, read 1,192,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimoco View Post
I accepted a job offer in Barboursville, WV, but since then I have been hearing lots of talk about West Virginia being racist. Is this true? I will be moving with my 3 year old daughter, and we are black. Is West Virginia a good city to continue raising my family? Also, is it true that the school system is poor?
I believe you can relax about the school system because WV is much better than the images portrayed.

Get a good real estate agent to give honest opinions of where you would best be welcomed. I have seen black families move into white WV communities and get along as well as any non-black family.

Look up the % of blacks in the schools by using a site like this one: Search For Schools, Colleges and Libraries.

The least of your concerns will be getting a quality education in WV schools, in my opinion.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:49 AM

5,826 posts, read 8,464,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red.ochre View Post
Deliverance was in Georgia, not WV.

The only thing ya gotta worry about in WV is Sasquatch - and he's shy. Just carry a camera around with ya and he'll never come close enough for a clear picture.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:08 AM

300 posts, read 719,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Deliverance was in Georgia, not WV.
a clear picture.
Yeah, I know. The sodomites are 2 states away, but I'm going to post that from now on in every WV racist thread anyway. It's not what I think, it's what they think. Sometimes I talk to natives about things I've heard and they bowl over laughing. When in Rome . .

Re : current occupant of the White House, the first time I heard him called a "snake oil salesman" was in West Virginia, and it was a black man who said it. When the ACLU came to West Virginia, presenting at the universities, "racism in the election", I discussed this propaganda campaign with a black man, and he responded, "Well, I'm a Republican . . I don't know what to say to that."

The original poster is black, got a job in the second poorest state in the country, where about only 5% of the population is black, in an economy where 15% are unemployed or underemployed (Bureau of Labor Statistics), and is worried about racism? I invite the original poster to come with me to a black revival where the minister delivers the words, "white devil", and then we'll discuss racism. If that doesn't interrupt the propaganda channel, look at any law enforcement statistics; the majority of violent crime perpetuated against blacks, is by blacks.

I'm just saying, if the original poster has a preconceived view that it's okay to look at people of different color like they're racists, I'd suggest the mirror as a good starting point to unlearn hypocricy.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:40 AM

4,714 posts, read 11,720,843 times
Race-ism is GOOD! Right Nas-Car fans?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 AM

5,826 posts, read 8,464,911 times
David, I'm starting to worry about you.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:56 AM

307 posts, read 597,913 times
" Nas-Car fans?" you mean them people who watch cars drive around in circles!!!!!

Them Nas-Car fans? are still fight'en the war. Don't you know!

here they come! there they go! yeah-oh-yeah!! Too funny!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:05 PM

4,714 posts, read 11,720,843 times
Some humor, must be hidden...that way it delivers to some and goes over the tops of others...

I'm worried about us...my generation...We've lost the capacity to have fun at any level.

Worried about this, worried about that...as if the worry can do something about it anyway.

We we were kids we had the capacity...this GD country, our drug dealing doctors and news media have
corrupted us completely. We can't think independantly anymore, and if we do we are labeled (racist, terrorist, ect)

What we should do is grow our gray hair long, get a backpack full of pot and go swimming naked in the reflecting pool in DC. I missed that. Who would stop us...those dope heads that were able to do that are our national leaders now...and what do they have for us...Freedom and Love? Hardly? ha ha ha...

Taxation and slavery...for you and I and for several generations to come, if they come at all.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 PM

967 posts, read 2,657,347 times
Take the back pack off before you hit the Reflecting pool... tough to light it up when it's wet! .... er, so I'm told...

Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 PM

300 posts, read 719,751 times
This is a good as thread as any to post this.

First watch this from MSNBC :

YouTube - MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race.

Pro-Healthcare reform rally?
Racial overtones?
Man of color?
White people showing up with guns?
Anger about a black person being president?
The black man becoming president?
Hate groups rising up?
I'm not going to be surprised . . if somebody tries to hurt him (Obummer)?
Some sort of Mark Hinkley figure?
Racism?

Is it any wonder why people have their brains in the off position.

Truth :
1) He was against healthcare reform as it's being presented.
2) He was black.
3) He was a "conservative", and member of John Birch Society
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

This "open-carry" was planned with Phoenix Police Department.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPSV0ZQL1Q
YouTube - Rifle Man: Black Patriot Exercises His 2nd Amendment Rights at Barack Obama Phoenix Speech

Solid tie with dueling banjos.

Last edited by red.ochre; 08-20-2009 at 11:52 PM..

Old 08-21-2009, 05:54 AM

307 posts, read 597,913 times
We are all people of color. White is a color. So get over your self. Live free, move to where ever you please. From coast to coast, border to border. Live free!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington