U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-06-2010, 08:04 PM

3 posts, read 7,095 times
Default Clean..quiet..safe..apartments in Huntington, WV? Is it possible??

I am a Marshall University student looking to move into Huntington in order to be closer to school. I am not a party person at all..so looking for a clean, quiet, safe neighborhood and good landlords. I don't want to be right in the middle of the city..and I do not want the Village, Greentree, Big Green apartments at all..they seem to be full of loud noisy people.

I don't spend a lot of time in Huntington except for school and have been told Huntington isn't safe to live in, but I would like to know the safe areas and if anyone knows any apartments located in good neighborhoods.

I've been told it's better to rent from private owners.. people who own houses with units in them, but am having a hard time finding such places. Is it possible to find a nice, safe apartment in the $350-$425 price range?

The apartments along Ritter Park and Hamill Apartments and the others along 11th Avenue look very nice, but I figure they would be insanely expensive. I am also open to suggestions for apartments or small, nice homes outside of Huntington..such as Lavalette?

If anyone has any information, I would love to hear from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 06:31 AM

2,920 posts, read 3,447,375 times
I can't speak from any experienced as I have always lived here rather than renting but I would suggest that you look into the apartments that you have seen over by Ritter Park. This is a nice area with a lot of families and young professionals and you might be surprised by some of the rent prices you find. This would make it convenient to Ritter Park, downtown, I-64 etc and it is a great area.

Those who tell you that Huntington isn't safe have likely never lived here but they've "heard" and thus they "know." Like any city, Huntington has its areas where if you were walking through them you'd want to be a little more cautious but unless you were involved in illegal ativities, you would have little to fear. I walk to work everyday and my wife and I often walk downtown from our home. I see many other people walking, including children and young women by themselves, and have never seen anything happen to them or had anything happen to me.

This is a great town to live in with a lot to offer so I hope you enjoy your time here by taking advantage of the things we do have and by getting involved and connected to the community. Create Huntington now has a Marshall chapter that I suggest looking into to help you get to know Huntington.

Here's a link to the Tri-state Rental Guide as well as the rental section in the Herald-Dispatch. Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.

Tim

Rental Guide

Herald-Dispatch -- Classifieds

Old 05-08-2010, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,095 times
Tim, thank you so much!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington