Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:36 AM

4 posts, read 22,077 times

Advertisements

We recently bought a house in the Huntsville area. I don't know much about houses and there was no way I would buy one without a home inspection! Matt England was one of the names on the realtor's list and I am so glad we happened to get in touch with him first (we were in a rush to close and he took my call on a Sunday...) He explained everything to me in a way I could understand it and made sure he answered my questions and came back to make sure the repairs were done right before we closed. His number is 256-429-8622 (office or cell ?) HIGHLY recommend this guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 07:44 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,565,315 times
Mike Dove is excellent. We used him and he also followed up twice. He even did an additional check as a courtesy to us. He's one of the best.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:30 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,427,408 times
Make sure you get the radon test too.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:38 AM

4 posts, read 22,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3kidz View Post
We recently bought a house in the Huntsville area. I don't know much about houses and there was no way I would buy one without a home inspection! Matt England was one of the names on the realtor's list and I am so glad we happened to get in touch with him first (we were in a rush to close and he took my call on a Sunday...) He explained everything to me in a way I could understand it and made sure he answered my questions and came back to make sure the repairs were done right before we closed. His number is 256-429-8622 (office or cell ?) HIGHLY recommend this guy!
FYI: He tested for Radon and got results back in time for our closing (48 hours I think.)

Old 08-15-2009, 03:32 PM

117 posts, read 444,798 times
We used Mike Dove too... Excellent Home Inspector.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:36 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,427,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vakinderegg View Post
We used Mike Dove too... Excellent Home Inspector.
The thing is, how do you (we, and the rest of us) really know if he is excellent? Same thing with doctors. I would bet most people judge a doctor by his bedside manner, his communication, his willingness to talk to you - all valid reasons. But, how good of a medical scientist is he? How attuned to medical treatment options and new techniques is he? I'm more interested in that. With the home inspector, how do we measure his effectiveness?

Old 08-15-2009, 03:54 PM

117 posts, read 444,798 times
Charles, We felt he did a great job. We have had inspectors before and compared to our last inspector we felt he was excellent. He was recommended by lots of families that were happy with his work and would use him again.When more than 2 or 3 people recommend a home inspector and they don't know each other you have to think perhaps this guy is good. One realtor said when Mike Dove walks into a home for an inspection the realtor selling the house gets nervous.

So "I believe" if these are better words for you my dear friend Charles , "Mike Dove's inspection on our newly built home was very thorough. He sent us our report in a matter of hours after our inspection.His report was well written and his photos were clear and showed our builder the problems we had so he could fix them before we closed"

I was just agreeing with dramamama who was one of the many who recommended Mike Dove to us. Would you recommend your inspector to friends?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:14 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,565,315 times
Mike Dove also did excellent follow up inspections in the year after we purchased our home. He performed additional work as courtesy to help us discern some issues with the crawl space. He went above and beyond the parameters of his job for us. Recently, he did the same for other people in our neighborhood. And because he puts together an excellent, documented report with photos, we were able to stand our ground with our developer regarding an easement issue. Now it is also fixed.

That makes him excellent in my husband and my opinion.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:01 PM

956 posts, read 2,488,962 times
I would recommend Mike Dove any day for my buyers. He is VERY thorough, in my opinion. All of my buyers that have used him have been impressed with his reports and the way he has handled issues that he has found while doing his inspections. He works for his clients and isn't afraid to point out each and every issue he finds. THAT is what buyers need. Someone looking out for their interest.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:30 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,821,151 times
We used Mike Dove and would recommend him. He was thorough and knowledgeable. I have even called him with a few questions since and he always calls me back and answers anything I ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area