Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:00 PM

102 posts, read 272,332 times

Advertisements

Do you guys have Comcast service? I have been on the phone the past 2 hours without getting anywhere- and I am beyond MAD !

Calls are being routed to Jacksonville and they mostly cannot pull up HSV a/cs - so they send you back to the back of the line to wait another 45 mins - where you may or may not get someone who can pull up the a/c...if you are unlucky as I have been - you just keep repeating the process !

How the heck can this company do this people and get away with it ?

I seriously need to know if there are any class action lawsuits against this company because these customer service issues are getting to be too much...and its not just HSV - I have these issues with them in other states as well...I am just so damn MAD !

Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times
I had Comcast in Nashville and cursed them on a daily basis, lol. I finally DITCHED them and went with Direct TV...I called and cancelled my service (or lack thereof, lol). They knocked on my door 3 months later saying they were going to disconnect me for non-payment. I got a good laugh out of that one....Pointed to my Direct TV dish and asked them what part of "I don't have your service anymore" don't you understand? Had to have an Attorney write them a letter before they would admit ANY fault on their part. They fought me for months, saying I owed them. HA! So, yeah, they are the pits

We have Knology now and never have any issues with them. I also have their service for my internet at my office and the customer service has been wonderful each time I've called.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:22 PM

102 posts, read 272,332 times
I was wondering what folks use around here. I love the ON DEMAND feature when its working - but that's just it. I can't deal with the rain issues with satellite - and I was told that Knology is only for folks in Madison, so after my calculations I am left with the crap company or nothing.

I must say I did get an email address for someone in upper management and I am making my issues clear and so far I did get a response - so that was quick..so I am yet to follow up - hope it helps and I can voice my concerns and hopefully get them to see how much of a pain they really are ! Ah Boi.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 8,211 times
Default comcast fraud

I have a better one - when selling an upgrade, or adding aan HD box for another tv in your house, they do not tell you that there will be two extras charges (in this case, 2 x 7.95) on your bill every month. There's more, but this is the worst. It should be illegal, but we have no recourse but to cancel the service, even though there really is no competition.
We are powerless over it.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:43 PM

513 posts, read 868,171 times
Comcast user here UNFORTUNATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going round and round with them about a bill. I am so glad this is a month to month service I will NEVER EVER go with them again. And I let them know that this morning!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:05 PM

179 posts, read 392,669 times
Had to get an "upgrade" to my analogue t.v. "You'll get all the channels you get now plus some new ones." Yeah sure. That did not happen. H.B.O. and Showtime disappeared. There were new channels added. But now one of my favorites no longer has sound! When I tried calling the company their circuits were overloaded, "Please try again later."

How 'bout some competition with cable?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 PM

396 posts, read 664,996 times
I was satisfied with Comcast until they "upgraded" to all digital. Now I find my Comcast remote is s-o-o-o s-l-o-w. Anybody else got this problem or it is my t.v.?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:12 PM

268 posts, read 634,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by april4jsd View Post
My sister lives in BHAM and she has At&T U-verse and loves it... I read somewhere that only Jefferson county and another one have the rights to offer it to customers... To bad madison county doesn't have it. I would get it.
Alabama cities that currently have U-Verse are Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, and Mobile.

I didn't like Knology because the Scientific Atlanta HD Box they supplied was rotten compared to the Comcast Motorola box. (Which, in turn, is garbage compared to a TiVo box.) Knology customer service is certainly better than Comcast.

I will likely switch to U-Verse as soon as it's offered here.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:55 AM

71 posts, read 143,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobWallace View Post
Alabama cities that currently have U-Verse are Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, and Mobile.
Nice way to target the most lucrative technophile market in Alabama there, AT&T.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 PM

268 posts, read 634,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledictorian View Post
Nice way to target the most lucrative technophile market in Alabama there, AT&T.
I suspect Huntsville is not as attractive as some other markets because we already have competition - most places don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area