Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 AM

296 posts, read 693,929 times

Advertisements

We just purchased two new cars at Hiley Mazda. Using Edmunds TMV as a guide, we got good deals. So far, I am very happy with the car buying experience in Huntsville.

Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 PM

144 posts, read 433,229 times
I should mention that I did have a somewhat local car buying experience that went just as well, with Alexander Mazda in Albertville, where I bought my wife's Mazda CX9. They were able to beat Nashville, Atlanta and the local dealer, without any haggling. They also deal Mitsubishi but don't carry this particular model, and when I asked them if they could get one, they said they could only buy one from another dealer and that it'd be at or a little less than MSRP.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:46 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,071 times
Yoo Shin, I don't know when you did your dealing but we also went down to Albertville thinking we could get a bettr deal on a Miata. We couldn't. They didn't even seem really interested in selling one! My husband called down there later and his calls were never returned. Hiley gave us a great deal for more car, a great trade in amount on my Highlander and so far good service. I do know that there is a new owner in the last year and he happens to live in our neighborhood. We didn't even know that when we bought! So perhaps there are good changes at the dealer. I love my MIATA!!! Yes, I am old but I still feel like a teenager sometimes when I drive it!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
Yoo Shin, I don't know when you did your dealing but we also went down to Albertville thinking we could get a bettr deal on a Miata. We couldn't. They didn't even seem really interested in selling one! My husband called down there later and his calls were never returned. Hiley gave us a great deal for more car, a great trade in amount on my Highlander and so far good service. I do know that there is a new owner in the last year and he happens to live in our neighborhood. We didn't even know that when we bought! So perhaps there are good changes at the dealer. I love my MIATA!!! Yes, I am old but I still feel like a teenager sometimes when I drive it!
Huh interesting. I guess that's car dealers for you.

What color Miata? I love the Copper Red. My wife and I plan on getting one some day as a play car and autocrossing it. We did an event hosted by Mazda in Houston about 4 years ago where they had all the new Mazdas including the new Miata, and let people rip it around on a road course. I've driven 911s, Caymans, M3s, Muscle cars, and the Miata is ABSOLUTELY the funnest car we've ever driven!

Old 08-27-2010, 03:21 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,769,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee 42 View Post
We had to go to Atlanta for our recent Beemer purchase, but it turned out to be the easiest, most pleasant car buying experience we've had in years. Too bad it couldnt be done at home.
What kind of beemer did you get? My brother lives in Atlanta and has driven Infinity G35's but now has his first Beemer on order due in October. It is a 335is.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,071 times
Yoo Shin, my Miata is a liguid silver metal GT. I love it. It is as you say the MOST FUN car to drive. I can't keep my husband out of it. I love the hard top convertable - so easy to just press a button and I am free! Actually we are getting better milege than we thought - right at 30/mpg. Hiley gave us more car and a much better deal than the one in Albertville. And considerably more on our trade in. I love, love, love my car! And around here there are so many local roads that are fun to drive such as Cecil Ashburn, up 72E or Monte Sano. Hey, I just love driving it to Publix.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:22 AM

8 posts, read 12,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
They even work the trade without issue, taking my Carmax appraisal quote.
The appraisal quote that I got from Carmax was an insult.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35801 View Post
The appraisal quote that I got from Carmax was an insult.
Really? I got appraised $1k over KBB value. Where you expecting the same as market value? No one ever gets market value even when you actually try to sell the car yourself. I've used Carmax twice now to get a barganing value for cars I've traded in.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:59 PM

268 posts, read 703,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
What kind of beemer did you get? My brother lives in Atlanta and has driven Infinity G35's but now has his first Beemer on order due in October. It is a 335is.

We got an M3. Its great !

Old 09-05-2010, 07:59 PM

8 posts, read 12,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
Really? I got appraised $1k over KBB value. Where you expecting the same as market value? No one ever gets market value even when you actually try to sell the car yourself. I've used Carmax twice now to get a bargaining value for cars I've traded in.
Right a 2001 RAV4 had a private a private resale price of ~$7800. CarMax said they would give $3500. Car had never been a wreck. Sold to a relative for $6000 and I considered it doing him a favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area