Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:58 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,765,772 times

Advertisements

Got a friend with a home over in the Bumper Crop/Kenneth area off of Capshaw trying to sell.

The neighborhood over there isn't bad at all. However, Paint was peeling off after 3-4 years. A corner in the bedroom is not square. The french doors in the rear have has issues. Overall wasn't a terrible home but just a few pennies more in a little better product would have made those homes really nice. He's been trying to sell for about 6 months now.

I saw some Hunter homes off in Clayton cove and it was worlds better. Still some cheapness in some areas, but appeared to be a better product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 AM

218 posts, read 274,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Got a friend with a home over in the Bumper Crop/Kenneth area off of Capshaw trying to sell.

The neighborhood over there isn't bad at all. However, Paint was peeling off after 3-4 years. A corner in the bedroom is not square. The french doors in the rear have has issues. Overall wasn't a terrible home but just a few pennies more in a little better product would have made those homes really nice. He's been trying to sell for about 6 months now.
I've mentioned Pike Farms previously. The only thing that gave me real pause was using 1 HVAC unit for a 2 story house, with predictable results. Always a 3-5 degree different between floors. The other stuff is annoying and a show stopper for me, but nothing that makes the homes 'bad' or anything like that.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:04 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,765,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r x f View Post
I've mentioned Pike Farms previously. The only thing that gave me real pause was using 1 HVAC unit for a 2 story house, with predictable results. Always a 3-5 degree different between floors. The other stuff is annoying and a show stopper for me, but nothing that makes the homes 'bad' or anything like that.
My friend said that there were a couple of foreclosures over there and some rentals that was bringing some of the neighborhood down. He's just trying to break even on the house. He's considering renting it but not sure yet.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,225,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Thank you for that post. As you know, we live in Oxford. We've been happy with our house, and knew at the time we weren't getting the fru-fru stuff in the house. We wanted size at the best price. It is a good neighborhood in a great location. Especially once the full interchange at 565 gets done. Hopefully the resale in there turns around soon.

We have tried to sell in the past, mainly because much of our lives are spent in SE HSV. But found that we would have had to drop the price too much and lose money. Didn't want to lose money just to move across town. We also found that there are realtors who refuse to show any of the homes.

Granted, HH did build some of what I call the future ghettos of Madison County, but Oxford is not of them. Probably one of their best overall subdivisions.
No, the ones that gave Hunter a bad rap are those lower end "box" style homes you see scattered throughout the county. Unfortunately it has affected all neighborhood associated with his name.

The house I sold in January in Arbor Springs, you would NEVER think it was built by Hunter Homes. The last one I sold in Buckingham, we were in multiple offers, and that client had put an offer on another house in there last fall and was up against multiple offers on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area