Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 PM

164 posts, read 523,342 times

Advertisements

I was reading that the water quality in Madison was rated at the lowest possible. Is this something that everyone is aware of and is the city doing something about it? Why would it be so low? I have never seen water quality that bad. Can you tell?

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 12:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 10:00 PM

159 posts, read 382,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rox011 View Post
I was reading that the water quality in Madison was rated at the lowest possible. Is this something that everyone is aware of and is the city doing something about it? Why would it be so low? I have never seen water quality that bad. Can you tell?

hmmmm. it tastes fine to me, i haven't even heard about this before. we're in madison but have huntsville utilities for all that jazz.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 AM

25 posts, read 37,433 times
Default Madison City water

That's definitely a bad data point.

A quick google search- and presto, the actual water reports for Madison City, direct from Madison City website. They meet/ or exceed all EPA standards for water quality.

Madison Water Board - Water Ops - Water Quality Report (http://www.madisonwaterboard.org/6/W...tyReport.shtml - broken link)

Moral: any actual website that aggregates/ collects data from various sources can have errors, so when in doubt... track back to the actual source.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:50 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,960,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rox011 View Post
Water filters are cheap. We install them in our home regardless how the water taste.

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 12:48 AM..

Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 AM

164 posts, read 523,342 times
OK, I never said I didn't check the city's report. When in doubt I do my research. I was simply making a comment about bestplace.net. Trust me, that's not where I get all my info but if you search water quality under Madison AL..Presto..it shows up. I also wanted the opinions of others that drink this water which is why we have this site. I'm not here to get lessons on searching the internet, I'm here to gather information from the locals regarding this city.

I do however appreciate everyone that's giving me any helpful information since we're not familiar with this area.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummonn View Post
That's definitely a bad data point.

A quick google search- and presto, the actual water reports for Madison City, direct from Madison City website. They meet/ or exceed all EPA standards for water quality.

Madison Water Board - Water Ops - Water Quality Report (http://www.madisonwaterboard.org/6/W...tyReport.shtml - broken link)

Moral: any actual website that aggregates/ collects data from various sources can have errors, so when in doubt... track back to the actual source.

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 12:48 AM..

Old 10-28-2010, 06:16 PM

25 posts, read 37,433 times
Default No offiense meant

Rox011,

Sorry, no offense meant- just wasn't sure if you had looked at the actual values. I'll try to address your question- certainly, the water in Madison is perfectly fine for all household uses- laundry, cooking, and drinking.

I think what you might really be asking is "how does the water taste and smell?" since those values aren't ones that can be really quantified by just testing.. My opinion is that the water here is good- no smell or taste; the infrastructure is recent enough that there aren't any issues with older pipes. The water in Madison is derived mostly from aquifer sources that are a result of rainwater percolating into the limestone- so you do have a slight hardness of water- but not too bad. Some people have water softeners installed; but you don't have to- depends upon your tolerance to hard water and spots on glassware in the dishwasher.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 830 times
Madison living off of County Line Road is very nice and you can rent for 700 to 800 per month on Madison Blvd off 565. It is very safe and upper scale and close to your husbands job if it is in Madison. There wonderful apartments on Old Madison Pike between Diamond and Hughes Road very pretty, rustic and reasonable. You can rent a very nice house for 1200. Bailey Cove is awesome but you would have a 20 to 30 minute commute to Madison from Huntsville. Go online to [url=http://www.apartmentfinders.com]Apartment Finders InternationalApartment Finders International: Main Title Page[/url] or consider buying a house you can get a nice foreclosure or HUD home that would be well worth the money and bring you under budget. You can contact a realtor friend of mine and tell him ccunningham411@gmail sent you;
John Morgan
Weichert Realtors - The Executive Group
Cell Phone: 256-673-0376
Office Phone: 256-533-7210
Email: [EMAIL="jmorgan@MOVINGTOHUNTSVILLENOW.COM"]jmorgan@MOVINGTOHUNTSVILLENOW.COM[/EMAIL]
Website: [URL="http://jmorgan.movingtohuntsvillenow.com/"]http://jmorgan.movingtohuntsvillenow.com[/URL]

Good Luck with your move which ever you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area