Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:11 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,494 times

Advertisements

Crickets used to be owned by the Wingzilla people. They had to wait 12 months or more before moving to Madison per terms of the sale.

Plus I live and work in East Limestone, so closer is better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 10:26 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Crickets used to be owned by the Wingzilla people. They had to wait 12 months or more before moving to Madison per terms of the sale.
Very interesting. Hope they don't screw it up like every other operator of that location.

Game Day Grill had a good thing going until the guy sold it and it became Inside/Out. That was doing well w/ families until they decided to make it a bar first then restaurant.

When will they realize a bar is not going to do well on that side of town.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
This Saturday April 28, wing lovers can sample Huntsville best wings at the "Battle of the Buffalo" at Joe Davis Stadium:

Eat wings for charity at Joe Davis Stadium on April 28 | al.com

Quote:
...over 500 pre-sale tickets have already been sold, 14,000 wings have been confirmed for the event, and over $13,000 has been raised for the Russel Hill Cancer Foundation!
...throwing their hat in for Best Wing in the Tennessee Valley. The restaurants include Hooter's, Tim's Cajun Kitchen, Knuckleheads, Cricket's, New Orleans Lunch Box, Brickhouse, Beauregard's, New Market Bar-B-Q, Sud's Car & Grill, and Golden Rule BBQ.
Battle of the Buffalo | UAH Theta Pi | Alpha Tau Omega

This is a fun, friendly, and worthy event. Mayor Battle and other dignitaries serve as judges and the ATOs raise a ton of money for cancer research. It's also an example of how much savvier kids are nowadays - back in my day, we thought $50 from a car wash was big money.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:11 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Just a bit of nostalgia, but does anyone remember the Darryl's on University? They had the best wings I have ever eaten and the dipping sauces were great. We used to make a meal of the wings and potato skins.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,288,355 times
I remember Darryl's. We were just talking about on Saturday night over drinks, reminising about long gone fun spots in Huntsville.

We had some good wings at a place off Airport called Boomhowers awhile back. It is in the old "Wings" building.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Baumhower's IS Wings.

It used to be called Baumhower's Wings

Old 04-23-2012, 08:00 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
...of Bob Baumhower

Bama player and NFL on the Dolphins.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 PM

394 posts, read 628,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Baumhower's IS Wings.

It used to be called Baumhower's Wings
(Baumhower's) Wings used to be in the building on Pratt where the Schnitzel Ranch is now. This was back in 89 to 92 ish. They move to where Phil Sandoval is now located. This lasted for quite awhile and then the closed suddenly in the lat 90's? It seems like they were closed for a year or so before they moved to where they are now off of Airport.

On a side note Beauregard's moved into the place on Pratt for few years.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 PM

394 posts, read 628,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post

Plus I live and work in East Limestone, so closer is better.
There is also a Cricket's / Beauregard's connection but I can't remember the details. It seems like the current location of Cricket's was a Beauregard's at one point. The name changed but the menu really didn't change that much.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 PM

143 posts, read 358,744 times
I stumbled on Cricket's by accident a couple of months ago and was impressed
I'm still a sucker for Baumhower's though. I've always loved that place.

I know some people swear by Beauregard's but every time I've had wings there I've been disappointed. There's a balance between the amount of sauce required to have a properly sauced wing with just the right amount of crispiness that BG's never seemed to have mastered. Every time I've had them they were sloppy and soggy.

And yes, I have a lot of good memories from Darryl's as well. I remember they used to have that once table with the jail bars around it and my parents knew how much my sister and I loved sitting there so they would wait as long as it took so we could sit at that table...That was a really cool local place. I was sad to see it go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area