Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 AM

704 posts, read 935,716 times

Advertisements

Out here in San Diego, Lincoln Property Company (LPC) manages the Military Housing. We have been overall pleased with the quality of our Housing, the upkeep and landscaping, and the quick response by maintenance. During my research, I discovered that LPC recently took over the management of two properties in Huntsville:

- North Ridge Apartments 35816
- Renaissance at Memorial Apartments 35802.

Does anyone have any recent information on these properties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 10:30 PM

113 posts, read 427,586 times
This should open your eyes about renaissance....

City inspectors condemn apartment complex, dozens out of homes - WAFF.com: North Alabama News, Radar, Weather, Sports and Jobs-

Hope that helps!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:38 AM

Wow!!!

I read Lincoln Property Company just took over the Renaissance at the end of last year. That's gotta suck and I was hoping to find that they were in the process of a major renovation... I guess not.

I've been researching apartments online since September and the only thing I've been able to determine is that we prefer to live in the HSV SE area. The online Apartment reviews are so bad for that area you would think there isn't one decent Apartment to be had in the 35802 and 35803 zip codes.

Hampton Falls looks nice and is nearby, but we need a bus stop in walking distance for the Mother-in-Law. Briargreen gets the best reviews, but they don't even offer a pool which is a deal breaker for the wife. Unless I am way off the mark, the older Country Club Apartments seem to be the best affordable choice with some amenities.

Maybe someone out there knows better...?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:27 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,414 times
Default country club

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
. Unless I am way off the mark, the older Country Club Apartments seem to be the best affordable choice with some amenities.

Maybe someone out there knows better...?
Country Club Apts has been in the news lately for the owner, the elder Averbusch, wants to rezone the whole lot, commercial (currently only the frontage to Airport Rd. is commercial). But to your question: they said they would honor the current leases through the end. Which makes me think that they aren't doing new leases. But again, I could be mistaken; since the rezoning fell thru wiht the Planning Commission, CClub may keep renting out for a while. Ask them.

Heavy traffic on Airport Road leads Huntsville Planning Commission to oppose rezoning Country Club Apartments | al.com

country club ap News, Images, Videos, Classifieds & More - al.com

Maybe you can tell us what you're looking for (besides safety), although the bus here usually runs by the low-income housing, not always the safest (Country Club/Airport Rd. is an exception)...

Last edited by friday13; 03-23-2011 at 08:48 AM..

Old 03-23-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneyTiger View Post

This just in:
Residents relocated after carbon monoxide detected at south Huntsville apartment | al.com

Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
Maybe you can tell us what you're looking for (besides safety), although the bus here usually runs by the low-income housing, not always the safest (Country Club/Airport Rd. is an exception)...

friday13,

I had followed the rezoning attempt online and was glad to read they had shelved the request.

From my online research the 35802 and 35803 area seems ideal for us and Bus Rt 10 has stops at most of the Apartments in HSV SE. We will need two apartments due to taking care of my European Mother-in-Law, so for her having shopping and restaurants within walking distance is desirable. Of course, safety, reliable maintenance, and a good school district are priority. Must have a pool for my wife and it would be nice to have some other amenities. If the price is right, the apartments are decently sized, and the complex is in decent condition I will be happy. Trying avoid ending up in a cockroach infested apartments such as Waterford Square has been reported to be.

Country Club complex shows it's age from the photos online, but the cottages are very unique and I received recommendations for them via PM today. Determining the best Apartments in HSV SE that are affordable seems to be quite challenging.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM

430 posts, read 1,059,292 times
Unless something has changed over the past year, Huntsville's bus system has not been that great. Someone who knows better can chime in on it. I don't know how much you researched it. I just wanted to bring it to your attention in case you were planning on having your mother in law rely on it a lot to go all over the place. I know people that have lived in Huntsville for years and didn't even know there was a bus system. There are probably people reading this message right now and didn't know that Huntsville had a bus system.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 AM

From the Huntsville, AL Government Public Transportation site:"SHUTTLE BUS SYSTEM (fixed route) Operates Mon thru Fri from 6 AM to 6 PM on thirteen (13) routes (maps & time schedules) covering more than 175 miles of city streets each hour of service. One of these routes is the Tourist Trolley Loop. There is a Downtown Route FREE on the weekends from 7 pm to 2 am. It targets city attractions and motels and restaurants. There is also a UAH Campus Route that runs through the campus housing with main stops at the Wal-Mart supercenter and Madison Square Mall food court. The UAH Campus Shuttle runs most Friday evenings from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m."

Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 AM

Tiger: you got it covered. I don't travel to 35802 or 35803, except for the occasional trip to Jones Valley Target, or Airport Rd. Shopping, and rarely see a bus (Parkway, Airport). But I travel a whole lot more, daily, on 565, University (N and W Hsv), and see the buses, the bus stops, and people waiting. And those apts. don't look good.But I see did your homework.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
Tiger: you got it covered. I don't travel to 35802 or 35803, except for the occasional trip to Jones Valley Target, or Airport Rd. Shopping, and rarely see a bus (Parkway, Airport). But I travel a whole lot more, daily, on 565, University (N and W Hsv), and see the buses, the bus stops, and people waiting. And those apts. don't look good.But I see did your homework.
friday13,

There is one property in your area of town that I have not been able to find out much about other than the view from zooming in on google maps satellite view. Do you know anything about this complex or area?:

Stonehurst Apartments 2040 Blue Spring Rd NW, Huntsville, AL 35810
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area