Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,418 times

Advertisements

She's been coming around...noticed her a few months ago(?), would run through the yard, and then leave. Timid and always wet. Thought perhaps she was bolting after a bath. Now, I am more likely to think she's wading through a canal.
She took a liking to me, and started approaching us, which is fine. I have that Dr. Dolittle quality about me. ;)
This last week she came again, after a day or two of being gone, and decided to STAY. The whole week.
She adores me. I adore her...except for the whole barking at the deer thing...
has been sleeping on my deck, on a comforter, because I'm a sucker...I am supplying food and water. She wants IN, but she's not my dog...yet. Not wanting to prevent her from leaving.

I need to find the owners to see what her situation is, since it seems she is an "outside dog", running free all the time. Which, around here is not so good. Coyotes, much?
Her nose is warm and often dry, but she was bathed recently - I can smell the shampoo - and does not appear malnourished. I broke down and bought a brush, and checked her for ticks/fleas. She is not infested with either, that I can see.

She has a collar, but no tag. I will not, under these circumstances, take her to a shelter...will try fliers, listing through local Lost&Founds, Craigslist, and whatever else...don't know if she's chipped or how she'd deal with being driven somewhere to check.

If anyone knows this dog, or anything about her, please respond here or PM me. I am willing to adopt her, but am not interested in stealing someone's pet.

Thank you!
Trish
Attached Thumbnails
FOUND, Black Lesser Lab or Water Dog, NE Oak Park.-silky.4_6_11jpg.jpg  

Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post

I need to find the owners to see what her situation is, since it seems she is an "outside dog", running free all the time. Which, around here is not so good. Coyotes, much?

Her nose is warm and often dry, but she was bathed recently - I can smell the shampoo - and does not appear malnourished. I broke down and bought a brush, and checked her for ticks/fleas. She is not infested with either, that I can see.
Sounds like a neighborhood dog just decided to run away. I think fliers w/. photo is the best way to find her owner.

Good luck.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM

That's the plan...get a good picture and post around Five Points and Oak Park. She's a sweetheart - I have a hard time believing someone isn't missing her.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:26 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,536 times
There's a black dog living on Rodgers. Sorry, I'm not good at telling a dog's 'make or model', other than height and color.

This one is a black dog (maybe not that long hair), medium built like the pic, and he had escaped once, but was wandering in the backyard ditch, the owner said he had escaped before. Maybe this time he had the guts to venture out farther away. And I also noticed it's much quieter at night. There are other dogs in the neighborhood, but the black dog was the barker.

Take him for a neighborhood walk and check this address out - Larbrook, past Stapp, right on Rodgers, second house on the right before you hit Milam. (sixth driveway from Larbrook, there's a gray PT cruiser -that funny shaped back -I'm not good at identifying cars either).

I may very well be mistaken, but there'a black dog living there.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:15 PM

I'll check that. There is a dog living right there (some where) that looks an awful lot like this one, but has a red collar. I've seen her on the porch of a house off Rodgers...I actually thought it was the same dog until my husband saw her as he drove by and called me about it, while my visitor was on the back deck harassing chipmunks. (Something else I need to talk to her about...)

P.S. Heh. Know the P.T. We have one.

Last edited by 33458; 04-08-2011 at 02:25 PM..

Old 04-09-2011, 12:06 PM

She's been reported as found through various sites, including the appropriate Huntsville authorities.
Won't need to put up fliers today, though...one of the neighbors called Animal Services, got a knock on the door this morning. They will hold her for 5 business days, put her through the system, and if the owners have not claimed her within that time (she will have been missing for approximately two weeks), we will be notified of our ability to legally adopt her then. So, either she'll go home after they pay a fine, and we'll be told where 'home' is - so we can return her when she comes to visit...or she will become ours; newly tagged and contained.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Owner found.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
Owner found because of YOU.
God Bless.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:35 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
Yes, 33458, thanks for going the extra mile.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:16 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Great update, thx for taking her in and caring for her while she was loose and missing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area