Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 02:13 AM

482 posts, read 985,326 times

Advertisements

Just as an update about the areas in the MLS. As a many of you that use ValleyMLS and other various local websites know, there have been quite a few changes to the way areas are divided up in Madison County. A task force is in place to look at doing this to other areas as well and Limestone County is in the process of being split up differently.

The recommendation from the Athens Brokers is to split up Limestone County a little further by dividing the county into Limestone East (east of I-65), Limestone West (west of I-65), and Athens City Limits instead of just Athens City and Limestone County.

The task force from Huntsville has recommended that Limestone be split a little further. Limestone West would remain the same, but Limestone East would be further divided into a couple more sections.

The Harvest/Monrovia area would be extended into Limestone County all the way to Limestone Creek, and as far South as HWY 72. Then, there would be a Madison City Area that would start South of 72, West to Limestone Creek, all the way to I-565. Below I-565, the Wheeler Area currently in Madison County would be extended all the way to I-65. Everything East of I-65, but West of Limestone Creek would be called Limestone East. Hope that all makes some semblance of sense.

The hope is that they'll have something sorted out and ready to go by next week to present for approval.

While we're on the subject, one of my big pet peeves, and I know a lot of others, is that Morgan County is all one big area....for some reason. If nothing else, I think it would be a pretty good idea to separate Decatur City from Morgan County and have 2 areas at minimum. I brought this up at today's meeting. The response I got was "we have a member of the task force from Decatur. They say that there is no need to do anything to the areas in Morgan County at this time." - So, I wouldn't look for any changes there in the near future...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 10:05 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,327,698 times
Thanks for asking for this for Decatur, Seth.
They have one Decatur member? The biggest town outside Huntsville has one member? I'm betting that person is actually from Hartselle.
Yes, it's frustrating to have to narrow the Decatur listings by high school. Not impossible, but it can be done. Never mind that agents occasionally don't really know which school area the house is in.
As long as you hear no complaints from agents, I guess it will stay this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area