Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 PM

152 posts, read 498,094 times

Advertisements

A second Hsv Aldi is being built near the Toyota dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 02:39 PM

282 posts, read 687,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traeger View Post
Aldi is a great firm. Expect to save at least 30%. They don't do sales, they give you the best price upfront. Quality is excellent, selection is limited. If you need milk it is there, it is not available in four sizes just one, not three brands, just one. Aldis owns Trader Joe's. It is privately owned, you can't buyb stock in the firm. They pay cash for their stores when they are built. They are not 'leveraged'.

There is a lesson for some of us in there somewhere.
They own trader joes?!? Then hopefully they will bring one of those to town!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:45 PM

597 posts, read 2,108,832 times
I've had some good experiences with the Aldi stores. There's 8 or so here in the Nashville area and they've been here a while. You just have to go and figure out what you want to get from there as opposed to other stores. The basic produce is always fresh and cheap, good meat, cheeses. Just consider it an adventure. You'll discover things you might not like so much, but I guarantee you, there will be many you might just make a special trip to Aldi for. The savings are great. And no, it's definately not a Trader Joe's, but there's sure a place for them in my book. Happy adventuring.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:08 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traeger View Post
Aldi is a great firm. Expect to save at least 30%.
30% of what? If you're referencing Walmart, great! If you're referencing Nieman-Marcus, so what?

I do understand they have good prices and service.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 PM

77 posts, read 134,995 times
Does anyone know when it is expected to open?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:12 PM

360 posts, read 1,533,160 times
Post RE: when opening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead80 View Post
Does anyone know when it is expected to open?
Last I read in Hsv Times, mid-September for the one at Sparkman & University, as they are just revamping the interior of an existing retail space. They are still pushing dirt around on the one being built in Madison, so it'll be way later unfortunately. I've driven to the one in Decatur a couple of times, but the cost of 2 gallons of gasoline for the trip ate up a lot of my savings. I liked their house brands of spaghetti sauce, yogurt, and frozen juice, and I got great deals on garden items, too. Will definitely shop at the Madison location when it opens.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:17 AM

12 posts, read 57,712 times
Aldi has several stores here in Birmingham. I highly recommend the German roasted coffee.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:55 AM

118 posts, read 430,607 times
What is being built beside the Aldi Madison location?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area