U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 03:49 PM

513 posts, read 747,322 times

Advertisements

Were looking for 1. Outdoor cushions and 2 Chairs for our outdoor kitchen,
I suppose I could look at Big Lots in Athens as well just remembered that.. If anyone has any other suggestions..I am open to them.

Grazie mille....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 08:50 AM

261 posts, read 640,217 times
Unless you prefer to shop locally, I suggest looking online at both Overstock and JCPenney. I recently ordered patio chair cushions from JCP for 1/2 off and free shipping. I haven't been in the HSV Lowe's or Home Depot stores for a few months, but they usually have a pretty good selection of patio furniture in the spring & summer and are probably having big sales now.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 AM

499 posts, read 795,136 times
I've been looking at outdoor furniture for my outdoor kitchen as well. I'm not sure about Decatur or Athens but if you want higher end furniture, you should check out Across the Pond in Huntsville or Ingrams in Florence. I've seen nice cushions at lots of places.....Target, Pottery Barn.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:47 PM

5,849 posts, read 15,938,946 times
Shumake Furniture in Decatur used to have patio sets but I honestly don't know if they do or not anymore. Big Lots in Decatur - you never know what you'll find - K Mart, Lowes, WalMart, Home Depot have very nice looking furniture and reasonably priced...in Athens, check Bargain Jungle. They have new stuff in every week and you never know what so you have to check frequently.
Cushions - same places. I've gotten very nice stuff at KMart that has held up well sitting out year-round.
Heck, you might even want to check the thrift stores.
Some of the furniture is so comfortable and attractive I wonder why you couldn't use it indoors.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Shumake Furniture in Decatur used to have patio sets but I honestly don't know if they do or not anymore. Big Lots in Decatur - you never know what you'll find - K Mart, Lowes, WalMart, Home Depot have very nice looking furniture and reasonably priced...in Athens, check Bargain Jungle. They have new stuff in every week and you never know what so you have to check frequently.
Cushions - same places. I've gotten very nice stuff at KMart that has held up well sitting out year-round.
Heck, you might even want to check the thrift stores.
Some of the furniture is so comfortable and attractive I wonder why you couldn't use it indoors.
I went to Bargin Jungle today; I asked the clerk if they have any cushions and she told me no. I went to the Big Lots in Athens and no luck. Kmart & thrift stores I have NOT checked ...so thank you for that referance.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
I've been looking at outdoor furniture for my outdoor kitchen as well. I'm not sure about Decatur or Athens but if you want higher end furniture, you should check out Across the Pond in Huntsville or Ingrams in Florence. I've seen nice cushions at lots of places.....Target, Pottery Barn.
I have checked both places and have found nothing really. Thanks !

Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 PM

2,640 posts, read 2,351,786 times
As someone else mentioned, my first go-to place for that is Lowes.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
As someone else mentioned, my first go-to place for that is Lowes.

Stop torturing me.....

I know I will have to visit Lowes sometime or another...

Old 07-06-2011, 06:58 AM

I did, however, visit Jimmys Furniture they have cushions but their colors are very limited.. their prices are comparable to Design World.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:32 AM

17,854 posts, read 54,146,150 times
IIRC, the Big Lots in Decatur has much more furniture. You might call them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area