Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 07:40 PM

16 posts, read 26,765 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking into different builders in the area. Once particular builder is Jimmy Bryan. Does anyone have any experiences with this builder or know of someone that has? It appears the work is great quality but my appointment next week should provider better insight. I was hoping to get some additional feedback from clients that has worked with this builder before.

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 08:43 PM

956 posts, read 2,491,705 times
klc83, He built the condo that my Mother lives in. While I do think he builds a beautiful home, getting him to come back and repair anything has made me crazy. Furious, actually. At one point I was ready to go knock on his door myself. My Mother's garage doors were about to fall...they were in place with finish nails of all things and were pulling away from the wall. He finally has completed all the repairs from the inspection list that was created TWO years ago.

I would sell one of his homes but BE SURE you have your OWN agent to protect you. I would NOT close unless and until each and every item from your home inspection (yes...get one not matter who builds your home) and punch list are complete.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:05 PM

Thank you so much for replying. We're new to the area and would love to build a custom home. We're trying to research custom builders in the area, but we're not finding to many or at least not on line. I've also came across David Jones Construction. Thank you again for the info.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 AM

482 posts, read 986,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klc83 View Post
Thank you so much for replying. We're new to the area and would love to build a custom home. We're trying to research custom builders in the area, but we're not finding to many or at least not on line. I've also came across David Jones Construction. Thank you again for the info.
What size/price home? There's a couple that I could recommend in the Athens area.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:53 AM

Hi Set, We're looking to build at least a 2000 sq. ft. home. We would like to build around a 2500-2700 sq. ft. home. However, the land/lot prices in the Madison area are very high so we may have to settle for around the 2000 sq. ft mark. As far as prices go, I've been quoted any where from $80.00-$150.00 a sq. ft., depending on features and how luxurious the home is. I'm def. not looking to spend 80k on a 1/2 acre of land :/

Old 08-30-2011, 07:38 PM

956 posts, read 2,491,705 times
I did speak with one of my agents today about JB. He built a custom for one of her clients in Canebrake in Athens. So far, so good. I still hold firm on not closing until all items are completed though, lol.

Does the price you've been quoted include the lot?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 PM

296 posts, read 691,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klc83 View Post
Hi Set, We're looking to build at least a 2000 sq. ft. home. We would like to build around a 2500-2700 sq. ft. home. However, the land/lot prices in the Madison area are very high so we may have to settle for around the 2000 sq. ft mark. As far as prices go, I've been quoted any where from $80.00-$150.00 a sq. ft., depending on features and how luxurious the home is. I'm def. not looking to spend 80k on a 1/2 acre of land :/
I would look at Darlington. We have at least three builders in here that I know of and prices (including 1/3 acre lot) are any where from $105 to $120 per sq foot (probably closer to $125 sq ft when first built). We also have a tract builder that has picked up a few lots. Most houses are around 3,000 sq ft but some smaller ones have just been built.

Marc

Old 08-30-2011, 08:49 PM

Marc45002- Thank you for the information you've provider.

Elizabeth- The price per sq. ft. doesn't include the land/lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area