U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 01:16 AM

4,617 posts, read 2,433,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
...I am glad you are getting one in a small town in Alabama...
Yep - I heared theys considering paving part of the road leading to that there new-fangled raysteraunt. And I also heared theys a indoor baythroom in that place too. I'm happyer'n a possum in a bloated cow - I cain't wait.

Last edited by Dirt Grinder; 12-02-2011 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: Go figure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM

183 posts, read 217,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Yep - I heared theys considering paving part of the road leading to that there new-fangled raysteraunt. And I also heared theys a indoor baythroom in that place too. I'm happyer'n a possum in a bloated cow - I cain't wait.
Ah looked at thar menu and did not see anythang that cranked by tractor. Whut is so gr8 about Chipotle? Try El Coyote if you want good TexMex food.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:02 PM

476 posts, read 455,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
I've eaten there.
I wasn't that impressed.
agreed.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:07 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,649,558 times
Taco Trucks > Chipotle

I've been in Chipotle once and walked out without ordering when I saw their extremely limited selection of fillings. I still can't figure out why so many people go crazy over the place...

Old 12-03-2011, 08:30 AM

Anyone got a comparison of Chipotle with Lime Fresh Mexican Grill?

Nice Addition to Bridge Street Town Center - Review of Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, Huntsville, AL - TripAdvisor

Old 12-03-2011, 10:03 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,331,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Taco Trucks > Chipotle

I've been in Chipotle once and walked out without ordering when I saw their extremely limited selection of fillings. I still can't figure out why so many people go crazy over the place...
Same here.....I don't get it either.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,865,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Sorry, wasn't paying attention and did not realize it is a decent sized city. My apologies.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Sorry, wasn't paying attention and did not realize it is a decent sized city. My apologies.

Don't let it happen again.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:47 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,865,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Taco Trucks > Chipotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Same here.....I don't get it either.
The appeal of Chipoltle is that the food is actually healthy unlike other mexican food places. They use only the best naturally raised meats.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:49 PM

194 posts, read 144,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfox View Post
Lime Fresh is okay. Chipotle is great. This man's opinion anyway.

I've alluded to this in another thread before, but the appeal of Chipotle is thus: do not think of it as a "Mexican Restaurant" (yeah, I know, they say "Mexican Grill" in their full name). Think of them as a Mexican-influenced step above fast food...maybe it would be more apt to think of them blowing doors on the best incarnation of Del Taco or Taco Bell you could ever imagine in your wildest dreams than to try and compare them to an authentic, sit-down Mexican restaurant (are there any in Huntsville? because we sure haven't found one yet). The menu is limited, yes, but the quality of the ingredients means that once you find the combination of flavors that works for you, you will find yourself craving their food. Also, again because of the quality of the ingredients, I have always found myself leaving feeling really good (protein high?), not stuffed, after eating there.

I will add the caveats that some locations don't seem to rise to the usual expected level of quality; hopefully this will not be the case for Huntsville's store. Other locations are usually quite good, but can have an off day. Finally, it may take a visit or three to home in on what you will really lie on their menu...I know personally it took until my 3rd trip until I really "got it."

Lime Fresh was, well, if it weren't for the subtle tropical/Miami influence, I wouldn't hold them much above taco bell (except their ingredients are *food* not *plastic-in-lard* LOL). As it is, I have eaten there twice, will probably eat there now and then until Chipotle is opened, but my overwhelming thought after every meal had nothing to do with their food, but rather, "Gee, wouldn't it be great if they served Cuban coffee?" (what I miss most about not living in South Florida any more).

As far as the taco trucks in town go, the one I have eaten at (el Cazador near...what's the name of that place? graphics company on...Governor's?) was indeed very authentic tasting, but had virtually no selection for vegetarians. They agreed to make me a bean burrito...it was yummy (especially with the hot sauces on the tables) but it wrecked a few hours of the rest of my afternoon....details are unneeded...LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area