Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 02:08 PM

4 posts, read 5,164 times

Advertisements

I can understand, you have a bad corner as far as accidents, But, I'm considering moving their from Phoenix Arizona, the entire city is that way. What I want to know, what about the people around there. I lived down in Gadsden for five years, and being retired military, and traveled the world, people in Alabama have been the most friendly people I think in the world. just want to know, what about y'all up around Toney and Harvest. See my concern is how are you about outsiders, took me almost two years down in Gadsden before I was sorta excepted. I mean yes I'm strange, but, I'm Honest, I'm a Vet, and I really do believe it was a war of Northern Aggression. I also think that right where you are located is where I want to spend my few remaining years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 PM

458 posts, read 617,006 times
Ummm.... what?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:30 PM

394 posts, read 628,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdtron View Post
Ummm.... what?
Maybe one of huffbuffer's new personalities...

Old 09-09-2013, 07:08 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,034,158 times
Less than half of the Huntsville metro area is from around the area. I'd say a fourth aren't even from the south.

I hear the clipped California accents and Boston Lite accents around. Huntsvillians don't care where you are from (and nearly everyone in Harvest/Monrovia at least works in Huntsville (and drives with the sun in their eyes on the way to and from work.))

I would advise you to rent first to get to know the area. Though that area has some good things going for it, it had too many drawbacks when I was moving 5 years ago. We moved from Zeirdt to Hazel Green. Driving into the sun was a quality of life issue for me, and we needed to get out of that school zone and into one better. HG has great schools (though they have to go to Meridianville Middle, which, while good, isn't worth writing home about.)

Old 09-21-2013, 03:38 PM

4 posts, read 5,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Less than half of the Huntsville metro area is from around the area. I'd say a fourth aren't even from the south.

I hear the clipped California accents and Boston Lite accents around. Huntsvillians don't care where you are from (and nearly everyone in Harvest/Monrovia at least works in Huntsville (and drives with the sun in their eyes on the way to and from work.))

I would advise you to rent first to get to know the area. Though that area has some good things going for it, it had too many drawbacks when I was moving 5 years ago. We moved from Zeirdt to Hazel Green. Driving into the sun was a quality of life issue for me, and we needed to get out of that school zone and into one better. HG has great schools (though they have to go to Meridianville Middle, which, while good, isn't worth writing home about.)
Thanks for the reply, I'm looking at the Hartselle area as well. I'm retired, so no driving into the sun for me, and my kid, well, he's 32 so. I ride a motorcycle, and the roads look great at either site. Again thanks for info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area