Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,787,438 times

Advertisements

Dr. Conrad does have a great bedside manner, and appears to be competent as a doctor. His office staff however, stinks. I was left waiting for 2 hours in the waiting room and then another 1 hour in the exam room. When I (politely) inquired at several intervals the staff were rude as if I had some nerve asking when I would be seeing the doctor, as if I were seeking an audience with his majesty. I know OBs have unpredictable schedules, but I had other engagements and the staff was just rude.

I was literally a few seconds away from just putting on my clothes and walking out, when Dr. Conrad came in. He was very cordial, kind, patient, and apologized emphatically for the excessive delay. He listened to all my concerns and seemed like a great doctor.

However, I haven't been back since, because of the staff and the waits. I didn't care for the treatment, and I don't have three+ hours to burn at a doctor visit. Yet, I've not yet found a gynecologist that I like as much as I liked him. Go figure.

I have an appointment with Dr. Aguayo, which will be my 4th attempt at finding a gyn in Huntsville that I'm happy with. She and the office both get excellent reviews online, and she offers some of the services I am interested in, so I hope this one works out.

(Just have to add, while this the 2nd time in as many days I've posted griping about HSV medical care, and I've seen and rejected 3 gyns, I've had some GREAT experiences too. Broke my leg and had an absolutely fantastic experience at TOC, and my doctor there - under the circumstances that is. Been quite happy with my kids' pediatrician, and we had a primary doctor we were quite happy with before he unfortunately moved out of state recently. Love my dentist, and my child's ortho, and my ophthalmologist is fine. Really, I'm not all Negative Nelly when it comes to docs!)

Last edited by zenjenn; 04-09-2012 at 07:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
Dr. Aguayo was the doctor who did my hysterectomy and I was very pleased. This was in 2005 and she had just arrived in the area. She was very caring and did a good job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area