U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 AM

250 posts, read 135,377 times

Advertisements

So the Vulcan station on Wall Triana stopped selling real gas and has switched over to 10% ethanol. That was the last station I knew about on the west side of Madison County selling real gas.

Does anyone know of any other stations not selling 10% ethanol?
Is there a webpage to track such things?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 09:07 AM

232 posts, read 326,507 times
Link:

Ethanol-free gas stations in AL

Some are unconfirmed though

Old 03-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Status: "Floors done. Move in starts this weekend." (set 6 days ago)

1,538 posts, read 1,354,057 times
The only ethanol free station I know of in Madison City is the Phillips 66 on Hughes just before 20.

Madison isn't even listed on that site...

Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM

864 posts, read 835,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
The only ethanol free station I know of in Madison City is the Phillips 66 on Hughes just before 20.
Not anymore.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewdog1 View Post
Not anymore.
What? Well they still charge more than Chevron, sheesh.

I ran the numbers on the price difference and it would be cheaper if I had to replace my fuel pumps every 5yrs vs using cheaper gas elsewhere.

Ironically my fuel pumps died in the Porsche the week before xmas, so we'll see how many years I get!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:22 PM

864 posts, read 835,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
What? Well they still charge more than Chevron, sheesh.

I ran the numbers on the price difference and it would be cheaper if I had to replace my fuel pumps every 5yrs vs using cheaper gas elsewhere.

Ironically my fuel pumps died in the Porsche the week before xmas, so we'll see how many years I get!
A couple of months ago they took down the ethanol free signs and have the 10% ethanol sign on the pump.

I would almost exclusively get gas there and would average at least 2 mpg more than ethanol gas.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:32 PM

250 posts, read 135,377 times
isn't it strange that ethanol is so expensive to produce, plus then blending it to gas, yet blended gas sells cheaper than plain old unblended gas.

We are in an energy crisis, yet the gov pushes ethanol blended gas over real gas that performs better, and is better for our cars.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 PM

851 posts, read 1,883,705 times
The Phillips 66 in Madison at the corner of Madison Blvd and Hughes now sells Sugar Free (Ethanol Free) Gas at Pump 10 only. It is on the left side of the building and is premium grade only. The rest of the pumps now contain ethanol in all grades.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
isn't it strange that ethanol is so expensive to produce, plus then blending it to gas, yet blended gas sells cheaper than plain old unblended gas.

We are in an energy crisis, yet the gov pushes ethanol blended gas over real gas that performs better, and is better for our cars.
Here Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahn View Post
The Phillips 66 in Madison at the corner of Madison Blvd and Hughes now sells Sugar Free (Ethanol Free) Gas at Pump 10 only. It is on the left side of the building and is premium grade only. The rest of the pumps now contain ethanol in all grades.
Ok, so that is what that sign means.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:57 PM

268 posts, read 339,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post

That's the power of the ADM and corn farmers' lobby at work. They got worried about the direct subsidy ($6B/year) being cut last year, so they converted it to a hidden mandate that pays the bill through highly inflated corn prices.

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/20...-little-better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area