Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 02:58 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,277,678 times

Advertisements

Ok, call me skeptical, but what on earth is the point of building a place to replicate "Downtown Huntsville", when the REAL downtown needs to be revitalized itself.

I live in Madison and I see LOTS of growth in Research Park and the Arsenal, both on this side of HSV, perhaps there is a boom I am unaware of in the South part of HSV.

I have seen Providence struggle for years until this recent unexpected BURST!
But facts remain the same, there a plenty of never occupied Condos in downtown HSV, the Westin and Providence. I don't see how a 250 home area in the vein of Bridgestreet and Providence is going to fare.

Oh and the price range is $350 -$400K for a 2,000sqft place.

Sound off below, I read this in the physical print today, but perhaps someone can link it online.

I personally would like to see the development actually be DOWNTOWN. Twickingham court is a great start, but I mean the few short blocks of legit downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 05:46 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
In Jones Valley....this will do very well. Highly desirable area with one of the most sought after schools in the area. Jones Valley draws people, but is lacking in the more modern homes some families want. Renovated homes in the area already demand one of, if not the highest price per foot in the HSV area. Personally, I think something like this will fare very well there. I've seen the plans and it is pretty impressive. They are not going to risk the Jones farm land, that is for sure. You can bet they know there is a demand and have done their market research.

And there are some really great plans for downtown that I think will be coming soon.....

Old 05-20-2012, 09:03 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
I live down here off of Ditto Marina Parkway, nice neighborhood, but jeez, nothing along the lines of nice sit-down dining anywhere, gotta go to airport road for anything decent.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I live down here off of Ditto Marina Parkway, nice neighborhood, but jeez, nothing along the lines of nice sit-down dining anywhere, gotta go to airport road for anything decent.
Maybe it's relative to me, but Airport Rd is only 3min difference from Jones Valley.

Also Moe's BBQ and Mellow Mushroom are already in the valley, that is 20% of what Providence has already!

Now I am a big foodie so I will be looking forward to the restaurants, but as of yet I have not heard anything specific in that arena.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Maybe it's relative to me, but Airport Rd is only 3min difference from Jones Valley.

Also Moe's BBQ and Mellow Mushroom are already in the valley, that is 20% of what Providence has already!

Now I am a big foodie so I will be looking forward to the restaurants, but as of yet I have not heard anything specific in that arena.
Yeah, Moe's & Mellow Mushroom is great for worktime lunches and taking the kids out, but as far as a somewhat special meal (I've got little ones, so adult meals are rare) I'd say Mezza Luna & Bonefish is the only nice places to dine at in SE Huntsville. Am I missing somewhere else?

Old 05-20-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Moe's & Mellow Mushroom is great for worktime lunches and taking the kids out, but as far as a somewhat special meal (I've got little ones, so adult meals are rare) I'd say Mezza Luna & Bonefish is the only nice places to dine at in SE Huntsville. Am I missing somewhere else?
Haha Kudos for not including Outback or Longhorn!

I actually enjoy Longhorn, but would never consider it a "nice" place, if I did I don't think the gf would like that very much.

But I see what you are saying, I just generally associate Huntsville as a whole, I don't see South and North, which I understand is a big deal. I just see it as NOT MADISON. haha

Old 05-21-2012, 05:24 AM

16 posts, read 40,535 times
Nick's is nice for a somewhat special meal. It is closer to Ditto Marina Parkway as well.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 AM

282 posts, read 687,377 times
Quote:
maybe drive a little bit to 1892, that place is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro4ik View Post
maybe drive a little bit to 1892, that place is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now to deviate, but I can't wait to try that place!

I almost went for Brunch on Sunday, but decided to go for lunch or dinner this week instead.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
Quote:
Brix and D&L. However, downtown is pretty accessible to SE as well, I know a lot of people go to Cotton Row, Commerce Kitchen, James' Steakhouse, 1892, Watercress... for special nights out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area