U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2012, 07:02 PM

11 posts, read 6,812 times

Advertisements

Are there any decent lawn & garden centers around here? The kind that sells AND services mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc for residential use?

I'm in Harvest, but Huntsville, Madision, Athens, or Decatur would be fine, too.

BTW, I'm NOT looking for Home Depot, Lowe's, or Wal-Mart. I know about them. I'm looking for some place with a bit more knowledgeable staff.

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 07:13 PM

3,253 posts, read 5,181,909 times
Buddy's on Triana (between Bob Wallace and Governors) sells mowers and equipment. I've been a satisfied customer for years.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Status: "All Moved. Finally in my house!" (set 13 days ago)

1,542 posts, read 1,401,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Buddy's on Triana (between Bob Wallace and Governors) sells mowers and equipment. I've been a satisfied customer for years.
I can attest to that, I have had lawn equipment serviced there.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:37 AM

2,056 posts, read 1,965,345 times
Does Buddy's repair pressure washers? We have a TroyBilt pressure washer that needs repair, and the last guy my husband took it to kept it over a month and still did not replace the part that it needs...yet he took it all apart AND we had to pay him $30 to put it back together and pick it up!

Old 06-15-2012, 07:47 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,113,892 times
Hill's on Andrew Jackson is great...but, you picked the wrong time of year to need servicing from them. They get booked up. Bigtime.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Is there anyone around Harvest selling used mowers?

Old 06-15-2012, 07:46 PM

561 posts, read 1,152,277 times
TriGreen Equipment on research park. John Deere, Honda, Stihl, and Shindawia. Excellent parts and service department.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:48 PM

16,430 posts, read 6,421,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead36 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Is there anyone around Harvest selling used mowers?
HWY 53, just South of Publix/Jeff road. He is doing pretty good, sells used....and rebuilds a lot.

He appears to be a good guy also, just today, I asked him for an engine for my son to "just tear apart" he gave me the entire lawn mower (had a thrown rod) all he asked was to bring back the deck portion of the mower.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:53 PM

848 posts, read 938,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He appears to be a good guy also, just today, I asked him for an engine for my son to "just tear apart" he gave me the entire lawn mower (had a thrown rod) all he asked was to bring back the deck portion of the mower.
It is good to see people do stuff like that!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
HWY 53, just South of Publix/Jeff road. He is doing pretty good, sells used....and rebuilds a lot.
I went by and looked, but I couldn't find him. Doesn't matter. The wife and daughter requested self propelled and electric start so they could also use it. I've never seen one of those for sale on the side of the road, or even on Craigslist.

I went to Hill, Madison Lawn Center, and Buddy's. Madison Lawn Center and Buddy's seem to cater more to the pros, and I'm pretty sure TriGreen is the same, judging from the equipment parked out front. Hill had the best selection of walk behind mowers for residential use. I got a Toro from Hill's, and I'm happy with it. I guess I can't complain about the cost of the self propelled and electric start features, if it means that I'm not the one doing all the mowing.

After the fact, ironically, I found someone about 2 miles from home selling used mowers. He's on Capshaw Rd between Wal-Triana and Nance.

Thanks for the replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area