Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:07 AM

8 posts, read 19,109 times

Advertisements

Yes his name is Eddie, and he lives with his brother Victor in a house in the Monrovia area. They're both great guys, and go to church with us at Monrovia Church of Christ at Nance and Capshaw and occasionally to the Light off of Governors West. My family has been friends with Eddie and Victor for years, and I can assure you that they would both would do anything to help anyone. And they both are very hard workers. Eddie, especially, was a huge help durring the tornado recovery efforts last year.

Listen closely when you hear Eddie, to the best I can tell, he might be slightly schizophrenic, and while sometimes he is cursing or yelling, but most fo the time he is telling at Jokes and laughing at himself.

Anyhow, Victor is employed and works hard to take care of his brother. Eddie makes a living by working 7 days a week picking up cans and recycling them. We setup a facebook page for him a little while ago detailing can drop-off locations for Eddie. If you're not going to recycle them for money, why not let Eddie? The page can be found at Cans For Eddie | Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoretti View Post
Yes his name is Eddie, and he lives with his brother Victor in a house in the Monrovia area. They're both great guys, and go to church with us at Monrovia Church of Christ at Nance and Capshaw and occasionally to the Light off of Governors West. My family has been friends with Eddie and Victor for years, and I can assure you that they would both would do anything to help anyone. And they both are very hard workers. Eddie, especially, was a huge help durring the tornado recovery efforts last year.

Listen closely when you hear Eddie, to the best I can tell, he might be slightly schizophrenic, and while sometimes he is cursing or yelling, but most fo the time he is telling at Jokes and laughing at himself.

Anyhow, Victor is employed and works hard to take care of his brother. Eddie makes a living by working 7 days a week picking up cans and recycling them. We setup a facebook page for him a little while ago detailing can drop-off locations for Eddie. If you're not going to recycle them for money, why not let Eddie? The page can be found at Cans For Eddie | Facebook
Yeah that is roughly what I had heard. I was pretty sure he was schizophrenic and for the most part he really is just laughing at jokes to himself.

Then again I talk to myself all the time when I'm walking...

Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Geez, just read some of those thread you posted.

It's amazing how ignorance can make people say such mean things about someone.

I'm glad that knowledge is more prevalent now, hopefully this thread will help some people become more aware of others...

Old 06-18-2012, 07:01 PM

329 posts, read 512,017 times
Wow. Thanks for the info and links.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:40 AM

74 posts, read 147,932 times
Didn't similar someone got ran over in early morning about 2 Months ago?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,770 times
I gave him a ride home once a few years ago. I think it was Christmas eve. Somehow I had the impression he was headed home. I had seen him much further away earlier in the day but later he didnt seem to be actively looking for cans, just walking fast to get somewhere. My older brother is mentally ill and I hadn't seen him for a few years. Guess I assumed Eddie had similar issues and on an impulse wanted to offer a small gesture of kindness. When he got in the car I gave him $10 and said "Merry Christmas." Guess I was thinking he might like to knock off early He told me his name, said he lives with his brother and asked me to stop at a store so he could use the money to get a Christmas card for someone in his family. I wouldn't say he had a friendly manner, but I still think he appreciated the ride and he seemed harmless enough to me. I was glad to find out he had family and a nice place to live. I wonder how far he walks every day.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:14 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,216,043 times
For anyone who knew of him, Eddie was struck and killed this afternoon on Capshaw Rd. RIP, Eddie.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:46 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
For anyone who knew of him, Eddie was struck and killed this afternoon on Capshaw Rd. RIP, Eddie.
Surprised he survived this long...

Old 02-22-2019, 04:26 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Well, that's terrible. I heard about a fatal pedestrian accident earlier but didn't link it to this thread until now. I'm not too familiar with that road, but I suspect it's like most of the other rural roads that have become suburban ... narrow with deep dropoffs on the sides.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:39 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
Madison County’s well-known ‘Can Man,’ Eddie Golladay, hit and killed by truck
https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...-by-truck.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area