U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-08-2012, 07:52 AM

342 posts, read 206,145 times
Little Pauls downtown, Madison St, across from Huntsville Hospital is a favorite.
Try their loaded baked potato
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 AM

166 posts, read 110,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
I think they are the best in the area, but they seem to be only open like four months a year. They seem to be real shady with their hours, especially since I live on the other side of the county.
Cool...we seem to pass by Scruggs 2 or 3 times a year and I always wondered how it was...will take the opportunity to stop in if it's open next time we pass by (likely to be the October trip up to Tate Farms at this rate LOL).

Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 AM

558 posts, read 1,085,940 times
The best place for BBQ is my backyard.
Attached Thumbnails
Best BBQ in the Area????-ribs.jpg  

Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 AM

1,763 posts, read 1,182,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDime View Post
Cool...we seem to pass by Scruggs 2 or 3 times a year and I always wondered how it was...will take the opportunity to stop in if it's open next time we pass by (likely to be the October trip up to Tate Farms at this rate LOL).
They will probably be closed in October.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM

1,439 posts, read 1,104,254 times
Not that anyone mentioned it, but I tried Moe's BBQ in Providence today and it tasted like Gas Station BBQ.

I've been to the one in Jones Valley and it was ok, I haven't made it back to their location in 2yrs...

I will say this the staff tries really hard and really appreciates business, but their prices are ridiculous.

I paid $9.72 for a small BBQ sandwich with 2 sides and a small drink.

I don't care for their white or red sauce.

Chicken tasted somewhat rubbery...

Lastly I only wanted 1 side, chips, but I was told that getting the combo with 2 sides was cheaper, because their single bag of chips is $1.70.

Sweet Tea was good. Nothing else was, I don't plan on returning.

Oh I also tried the banana pudding as my second side. It was advertised as "fresh", but they must have meant fresh out of the can this morning!

There simply isn't a place worse than Moe's for BBQ. I have even heard Golden Rule got some of their game back with the new owners, I will venture there next time.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM

39 posts, read 69,352 times
Chuck Wagon is by far my favorite in the area, but can be pricey.

A group of us at work have been to Moe's BBQ several times for lunch and found the smoked wings to be the best thing on the menu. Everything else is just ok, and there are better options around the valley. But the smoked wings keeps us going back. Looks like they smoke 'em overnight or that morning, then drop them in the fryer when you order. You get 10 meaty wings, 2 sides, piece of cornbread and a drink for $10.68 after tax; not too bad in my opinion and it certainly fills you up.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 PM

233 posts, read 189,992 times
Just got back from 306 BBQ on 72 in Athens for the 2nd time in a 2 week period. This is my new favorite BBQ Joint. The meats are tasty and not over smoked, The sides are excellent. Prices are very reasonable.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:36 PM

1,439 posts, read 1,104,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMadHatter View Post
Just got back from 306 BBQ on 72 in Athens for the 2nd time in a 2 week period. This is my new favorite BBQ Joint. The meats are tasty and not over smoked, The sides are excellent. Prices are very reasonable.
I have driven by it several times, but it is always closed when I pass it!

I will have to check it out.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 AM

157 posts, read 47,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
The best place for BBQ is my backyard.
Agreed. BBQ is all about the entire experience. Nothing like drinking a case of beer while smoking one's meat.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:50 PM

27 posts, read 4,771 times
I like Community Q BBQ! They are the best and affordable too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area