Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 AM

445 posts, read 766,251 times

Advertisements

Blake Bottom Road scheduled for overpass - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 PM

2,976 posts, read 3,529,300 times
ALDON'T is the biggest obstacle to highway construction in this state
"construction for the overpass should begin in the next few years." right.
There is a long list of 20 year plus proposed projects still waiting to be "approved"
Huntsville has a very primitive state/federal road sytem (besides I-565 which is now 20 years old)
that hasn't changed much since the 60's, yet most of the growth in Alabama is in the Huntsville region,
along with Shelby and Lee counties.
How about widening Research Park BLVD, or just start the long promised overpasses at Moores Mill/Shields Rd, County Line/I-565,
the other bridge over the Tennessee river, Improve the I-565/Parkway Interchange. Planning for an improved North Parkway to the state line(Bypass
Hazel Green/ Meridianville), widen University from Madison to I-65/Athens.
ALDON'T we do it we want to and probably not even then.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 AM

523 posts, read 999,383 times
Overpass Construction Planned for Research Park Boulevard at Blake Bottom Road | WHNT.com — Huntsville News & Weather from WHNT Television News19 HD

I think this is a poor decision and a total waste of money, logistically and financially.
There are more important projects that need to be started.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:19 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,265,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
Overpass Construction Planned for Research Park Boulevard at Blake Bottom Road | WHNT.com — Huntsville News & Weather from WHNT Television News19 HD

I think this is a poor decision and a total waste of money, logistically and financially.
There are more important projects that need to be started.
Well I don't completely disagree with you. I see why they need one, I use to use the median to cut through many years ago.

I see why they need it, I just hate that it's going to mean a WHOLE over pass and the associated cost.

I do agree there are more important projects that need to be started...

Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 AM

523 posts, read 999,383 times
Looking at the area on google earth, seems to me Dan Tibbs would have been a better choice logistically. Most of the businesses in the area just east of RPB feed into Dan Tibbs. Blake Bottom is very close to RPB/53 junction and there seems to be only a couple of neighborhoods that feed into Blake Bottom near RPB (Anslee Farms is mostly undeveloped according to google earth). I don't think it's worth spending $5 million for the sake of a few commuters "quality of life". This ranks right up there with $4 million to help Belks move across town!!!!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:02 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,265,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
This ranks right up there with $4 million to help Belks move across town!!!!
Ha!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:53 PM

113 posts, read 425,891 times
Padmaster, I agree with you 100% there.... If they are going to build a dedicated overpass for Blake Bottom, why not have a dedicated ramp from southbound 53 onto Research park south???? That's what I don't understand.... going to be a mess with people from 53, Dan Tibbs, and Blake Bottom all trying to merge onto Research park southbound at one exit.... I predict many more accidents at this ramp than we have seen on the feeder streets now.... It won't be pretty....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area