Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 03:09 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,741,022 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else been having this happen to them?

The personalized plans from $1650 per person/per year.

Personalized Healthcare | MDVIP.com

So on top of the $1650 you pay, you also have to pay whatever fees or copays you normally have.

Needless to say, I am looking for a new doctor. This has been a stressful week for me.

My healthcare at work is going up, then this. I have a lot of homework to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 04:07 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,239,181 times
Smile VIP Plans

I'm not in the medical field but I believe one of the first group of doctors to do this was in my city (Boca Raton) and I support the idea.

It's been around since 1998 or so (not sure of date).

Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times
Is he going to be working with Long Island gazillionaires like the Lawson brothers do on Royal Pains?

Comedy Television Series - Royal Pains TV Series - USA Network -Royal Pains - USA Network

Old 10-24-2012, 04:41 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,103 times
My step mom should get one of these doctors.

She basically treats at least 2 of them like this already...

Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
thiosd is very common with mnay if the very rich;they pay to have special access to a doctor at all hours in fact.I think with the new healthcare laws its goig to be mnore common. I know that in UK alot of doctors pracive not only at public hospitakls but at private ones.if you can go to the private ones you get healthcare on demand instead of waiting.We are very uise to heathcare on demand in thsi country;pthat is for sure talkig to friends waiting for joint replaemnt or even eye surgery that live in other countries.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:23 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
thiosd is very common with mnay if the very rich;they pay to have special access to a doctor at all hours in fact.I think with the new healthcare laws its goig to be mnore common. I know that in UK alot of doctors pracive not only at public hospitakls but at private ones.if you can go to the private ones you get healthcare on demand instead of waiting.We are very uise to heathcare on demand in thsi country;pthat is for sure talkig to friends waiting for joint replaemnt or even eye surgery that live in other countries.
Well there we go, the wealthy will still have better healthcare. So if you don't want to wait, you can just pay more.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM

43 posts, read 148,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
Has anyone else been having this happen to them?

The personalized plans from $1650 per person/per year.

Personalized Healthcare | MDVIP.com

So on top of the $1650 you pay, you also have to pay whatever fees or copays you normally have.

Needless to say, I am looking for a new doctor. This has been a stressful week for me.

My healthcare at work is going up, then this. I have a lot of homework to do.
Wow. My doc shares an office with a couple of those, not sure if she's going to this or not. If so, I'll be looking for someone else as well. I only knew of one other doc that does this in town, but I thought that even though insurance was billed for each visit, that there wasn't an extra co-pay. I wonder if there's actually enough support in Huntsville for many doctors to go this route?

I have a family member with multiple medical problems, and this would probably be helpful for him, but I see a doctor only once a year and absolutely would not pay for this for myself.

FWIW, there's a lack of really good family practice/internal medicine doctors locally.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 PM

224 posts, read 345,762 times
I need a good family practice doctor and it is hard to find one who is taking new patients. As hard as this is to take, this doctor will probably run all the way to the bank

Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,576,349 times
Try Creekside family practice downtown if they are taking new patients.
My old Dr. went to MDVIP last year, I went to a new doctor. I don't blame the Dr's, BC/BS
is driving them to this program.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:21 PM

93 posts, read 177,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Try Creekside family practice downtown if they are taking new patients.
My old Dr. went to MDVIP last year, I went to a new doctor. I don't blame the Dr's, BC/BS
is driving them to this program.
More than BC/BC and private carriers it is MC reimbursement that is driving them to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area