Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 02:14 PM

46 posts, read 122,645 times

Advertisements

Anything would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,252,895 times
Excellent builders, good business people. The only thing we didn't like about them is they purchase most of their building materials from City Lumber Company and we were unhappy with this company and the quality of their product. The only thing were happy about from City Lumber was the windows. They had a great window guy who really worked hard to meet our needs, desires, and budget. Sadly, the window man has left so now we most likely would not like any of their product.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:38 PM

468 posts, read 902,568 times
BTW - AHH, Pearson and Stoneridge are all related... plus, they all deal with the same vendors.
They also have the same plans ... but slightly different locations.

You should shop around these 3 builders and see for yourself.

In my opinion, they have excellent finishes and workmanship - higher level than BH, JB, DO, AH and HH.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 AM

567 posts, read 1,737,327 times
I do business with the owner and he is a great man to do business with,,,,Never see any bad posts about Jim or his companies.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 PM

9 posts, read 16,161 times
I built my first house with Stoneridge, Jim Wright at Stonegate. Quality work, open to changes, ideas, great finish work. I have no compliants. They even let me design the landscaping and worked with my Master Gardener. Joked my yard looks better than the Botantical Garens LOL! Yes I was a PIA... But they did everything I wanted and went the extra effort. Very accomadating.

You can tell the difference in the houses built by Jim Wright and the others. Go see the open houses, spec models he has at Stonegate and his other developments. Good Luck!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,233,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurMt View Post
I built my first house with Stoneridge, Jim Wright at Stonegate. Quality work, open to changes, ideas, great finish work. I have no compliants. They even let me design the landscaping and worked with my Master Gardener. Joked my yard looks better than the Botantical Garens LOL! Yes I was a PIA... But they did everything I wanted and went the extra effort. Very accomadating.

You can tell the difference in the houses built by Jim Wright and the others. Go see the open houses, spec models he has at Stonegate and his other developments. Good Luck!
You were absolutely NOT a PIA And your gardens were fabulous!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:25 PM

493 posts, read 706,614 times
I also have a Stoneridge Home that I bought brand new in 2012 (as others have mentioned Stoneridge is the same owner as Alabama Heritage). I absolutely love it and have had no issues so far. My home was only $95.00 a square foot with all the amenities I could wish for-heavy crown moulding, tray ceilings with rope lighting, lots of hardwood flooring, granite counters in the kitchen AND bathrooms, stainless appliances, tile backspash, under cabinet lighting all came standard for that price. I used to own a Woodland Home which I liked (just downsized) but Woodland Homes does not necessarily always offer tile backsplash and under cabinet lighting as a STANDARD in some of their homes and I believe all Stoneridge Homes and Alabama Heritage Homes come standard with all the amenities I've mentioned. Many Stoneridge Homes also have stacked stone on the front of the homes which I love and some other new construction builders don't do that on their spec homes.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:09 AM

I have never had a builder, including Jim Wright and Woodland Homes, charge a fee to pay the adjoining neighbor for tying into their fence. Ever. I've never even heard of anything of the sort until now.

It is always proper to ask first, and typically the neighbors are ok with it and agree TO SHARE MAINTENANCE COSTS, but that's about it....I have had one who would not allow it so the buyer just ran his fence up to the property line and put the post there....not actually TOUCHING the neighboring fence and there was really nothing the neighbor could do about that. I've never had anyone PAY the neighbor a fee to tie in. That's NOT typical.

As for items not done by closing, you are entitled per their contract to do a final inspection to insure the house is ready to close and all items have been done. I will tell you Stoneridge/AHH really cuts it down to the wire on getting stuff done and it is always hairy the days right before closing....that's my peeve with them. But I wouldn't have closed with so much stuff outstanding....the builders are always more motivated to get it done TO close than after the closing.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 01-30-2014 at 06:27 AM..

Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 AM

I had a client build a stained, shadowboxed fence with two brick corners on a .91 acre lot a couple of years ago and that fence was $8000. On nearly a ONE ACRE lot.

Builders just use local fence companies to do the fences, and like bmrisko said, mark up generally $1-$2/linear foot. Unless someone needs to roll the fence into their mortgage it is usually best to NOT have a builder do that....unless they are offering as a free incentive (which again, we can then always negotiate that amount off price...whatever works best for buyer).

Old 01-30-2014, 12:21 PM

24 posts, read 33,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post
BTW: When I stated I have had no issues so far I did forget about *the water leak in the water meter box that's out in the lawn* until someone else that owns an Alabama Heritage Home mentioned that happened to them at their home. That happened at my home this past summer (so forgetful since I've had so much going on since then) But someone from Stoneridge came out the very next day and fixed it shortly after I called them and they did a fantastic job putting the sod back in place after they had to dig the yard up around it. I was really impressed they came and fixed it so quickly and did such a good job. Huntsville Utilities also gave me a break on my water bill since I had water leaking into the street over-night so all went well. No other issues since then.
So all in all a thumbs up for Alabama Heritage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area