Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,277,678 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,

Well as a good portion of you are aware any Chick Fil A location has a very busy breakfast and lunch line. They seem to design all of them too small.

Well the only solution is to build more of them, I live off of Zierdt in Madison and will be moving to Slaughter in the coming year so a Southside CFA location makes sense for sooo many people, not just myself.

I have emailed the company numerous times and never gotten a real response and I have started a REAL petition, I am not just kidding about this, I really want and think a CFA on this side of town would do great business.

For those of you who enjoy CFA please sign the petition.

Thanks
Dave

Oh and sorry if this is against some rule. Just trying to get the word out.

http://www.change.org/petitions/sout...outh-hughes-rd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
I'm sure Chick-Fil-A would love to put one there. All they need is for someone to purchase a franchise there.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,835,336 times
Yeah, they are franchised. You are complaining to the wrong people. If you want one there so bad, go borrow about 2 million, buy a franchise, a lot and build a restaurant or start emailing some of the other franchise owners in the area. One reason you don't see CFA's on every corner like you do other chains is because one of the biggest profit days for restaurants is taken away from CFA franchisees. Chick-Fil-A puts into every franchise contract that the location absolutely can not be open at all for any reason on Sundays. That puts the franchise owners at a competitive disadvantage against other restaurant chains and for that reason alone, I would not even consider buying a franchise. There is a huge overhead to overcome in the restaurant business and you need every advantage you can get to ensure profitability so you can't just go throw a CFA up just anywhere. It takes some very careful demographic and traffic studies to make sure you are putting one in the right place. I don't know if one could actually be profitable enough in that location to be worth the investment. You should do the math on how many chicken sandwich meals you would have to sell each month just to overcome the overhead......you would be shocked.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 AM

17 posts, read 28,401 times
That is somewhat incorrect. ChickFila decides where and when to put in a location. The "franchisee" isn't really a franchisee. They are an owner/operator. ChickFila owns the land/building/everything, and the owner/operator gets a % of profits. It used to be that ChickFila required the owner/operator to put up like $5K, and that's it, and ChickFila would front the rest. Things may have changed though in the last 5 years or so, but the owner/operators aren't fronting hardly any money.

Also, regarding Sunday's closed, I'm pretty sure that doesn't put them at a competitive disadvantage. They do more volume in 6 days a week than most of their competitors do in 7 days.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:07 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,835,336 times
Wow you are right. I didn't realize Chick Fil A did their franchising in such a weird way. I just assumed it was like most other franchises. After reading it, I can see why you don't see very many of them. They require the owner be hands on, full time in the operation of the restaurant and can't have any other business ventures. What a rip off. lol I don't see how they get anyone to go for that but of course 90% of the owners most likely have other business ventures that they are silent partners on or they are in their spouses name. You know....the same way you get around non-compete agreements. lol

Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestdeception View Post
That is somewhat incorrect. ChickFila decides where and when to put in a location. The "franchisee" isn't really a franchisee. They are an owner/operator. ChickFila owns the land/building/everything, and the owner/operator gets a % of profits. It used to be that ChickFila required the owner/operator to put up like $5K, and that's it, and ChickFila would front the rest. Things may have changed though in the last 5 years or so, but the owner/operators aren't fronting hardly any money.
Thank You. This is the reason for the petition, the company itself delegates who can open what where.

There are actually several companies like this, for example my Dad wanted to put a Chuckie Cheese in the Shoppes of Madison complex, but Chuckie Cheese wouldn't allow another one to be built as it would effectively put the one on Jordan lane out of business. Or so they think.

Anyway, the petition is to get attention from CFA.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:04 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
Most franchises have to have a certain population surrounding the location and marketing research done first. And, I'm not sure about Chick fil A..but Usually a particular franchise owner gets first dibs on the particular "region" they are in... (might be a certain mileage/county/blocks) so I think the person probably to contact would be one of the currently owned local chick fil A's.
As far as Chick-fil-A being at a disadvantage for being closed on Sunday... I don't think it has seemed to harm them in the least. They are a flourishing franchise.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM

I actually had the idea right after I met the owner of the Madison location. I had the idea right after I met him, but haven't seen him since. I eat bfast there about 3 times a week and see him around once a month maybe. But lately my work has taken me to HSV locations.

And to address the Sunday issue, it's really their thing and I have made my peace with not being able to get it one day a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Most franchises have to have a certain population surrounding the location and marketing research done first. And, I'm not sure about Chick fil A..but Usually a particular franchise owner gets first dibs on the particular "region" they are in... (might be a certain mileage/county/blocks) so I think the person probably to contact would be one of the currently owned local chick fil A's.
As far as Chick-fil-A being at a disadvantage for being closed on Sunday... I don't think it has seemed to harm them in the least. They are a flourishing franchise.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
I have always been surprised the Wall Triana/Sullivan exit on 565 doesn't have one.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 PM

152 posts, read 240,782 times
I live along Zierdt as well, and it's very irritating that there's no CFA even remotely convenient.

I also hate that there's no Lowes or Home Depot nearby. I freakin' despise driving up Hughes Rd when I need to get something from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area