Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,228,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
Soooo, now that I've had the opportunity to sample all of the different cuts of meat....would I buy them again? NO!!! The ribeye and delmonico cuts were pretty good but not great. The strip cuts were horrible...kinda gamey. With all the hoopla going around about the consumption of horse meat...well, you get the idea. Maybe I should send one of the strip steaks to the meat inspector

Like I said, nothing appetizing about steaks bought off the back of a truck! Horse meat...BARF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 PM

944 posts, read 1,176,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Like I said, nothing appetizing about steaks bought off the back of a truck! Horse meat...BARF.
We've been going rounds with "Capitol Meats" here, same concept, same aggravating sales pitches - the HOA ended up threatening to sue the company if they didn't stop the door-to-door selling. Last dude gave me the "I have 4 kids to feed" - me reply was "feed them the mystery meats from your truck then!!" Having worked for 15 years in the restaurant business I know "my meats" and the "quality" is sub-par anything I have seen or cooked in any kitchen!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:04 AM

308 posts, read 524,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
With all the hoopla going around about the consumption of horse meat...well, you get the idea.
The horse meat that is lately found in Europe in lasagna and such is the lesser pieces of horse meat.
Being originally from Belgium, I was raised on horse meat and still today, I prefer horse meat steaks any day over beef steaks.
Horse meat steaks was then and still is today a luxury item, much better in quality as beef meat.

But being the ex european, when it comes to eating in places like a McDonalds I will never eat that.
You will never see me in such junk food places, for me their "food" is disgusting and deserves the name junk food.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM

944 posts, read 1,176,670 times
I was blissfully unaware growing up in Norway that many Norwegian/European sausages/cold cuts etc. had % of horse meat in them...then I moved to Germany and found out Would I eat it today, no...but, I am aware that it's used much more in Europe than here, so the 'discovery' of horse meat in products in EU was no surprise

Old 03-21-2013, 02:03 PM

230 posts, read 385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDime View Post
My first response would be to tell them I am a vegetarian (which I am)...
Funny thing, a month or so back these clowns pulled up to a gas pump where I was filling up and started trying to sell everyone their "steaks." I told them exactly what I said above...he made some vaguely insulting remark and moved on. Considering the source the insult rang as praise.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,355 times
I JUST HAD A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A GUY - TWO GUYS IN A WHITE PICK UP. cLAIMED TO BE WORKING OOUT OF Huntsville, Alabama . I live in tupelo, MS. they drove up and got out with boxes of meat from Steak House Steaks.
Same bunch. My daughter actually fell for their sales pitch and ended up buying a "bargain"(Ha) for 425.00.
He asked her to first write out the check to his name. Then he came back and asked could she rewrite the check and phone and drivers license on it. she did. She never noticed that he then had two checks and never tore up the first one.
Two days later I caught it when these same jerks came to my house and my daughter was sick in bed. he said he had tried to cash her check and the bank refused to cash it And could I please give him cash. I said no I don't keep cask.
I took her check back from him and wrote on my own account instead. As soon as he left, I looked again at her old check. It was made out to another name, a personal name. I called his cell and he answered. I asked him why he wanted these checks made out different. He started giving me a spill about how his bank in Huntsville wont cash a check for over five hundred so he had to get my daughter to make out two checks for that amount and they would not cash it without her phone number. Hair on my arm stood up. I said What do you mean TWO checks? He said she bought 850.oo in meat. I became livid. I'm a grandmother and I don't curse but I sure learned how fast! I told him I would stop payment on both her checks and mine and he could come back and get this meat or I'd throw it away. He smarted off and told me that he had already cashed both checks. She knew and ran him off.
When I tried to call him again he had turned off his cell. Next day, he went to my sisters house to pull the same thing!!! Well, next day I was in the bank We had to pay almost a hundred dollars in stop payments fees to stop payment on three different check numbers. Well, two days later, our bank had cashed another check for the same amount made out to SHS. For 425.00. He had probably already cashed that first check and bank would not case the one made out to the man' personal name, which I wont mention here. I am contacting all authorities. Its a scary world folks. Bad meat too. Leave it alone. My husband always told me that if someone could come to your door selling something, you could buy it cheaper somewhere else. And safer too.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:56 AM

331 posts, read 508,022 times
This would be a wonderful opportunity to put this good steak in Bridge Street. Maybe the old Tommy's Pizza joint? Thoughts?

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 06-02-2013, 03:02 PM

252 posts, read 318,933 times
@huffbuffer - I detect some sarcastic humor and that is funny. To be honest though, If Bridge Street opened a Horse House, I would be the first patron. Years ago an Asian friend coaxed me into trying horse steakie in Brazil. I truly thought he was nuts. After tasting it, I would have thought it was a prime cut beef steak, only sweeter. Thanks for the locked away memory!!

Old 06-05-2013, 03:38 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,761,574 times
It seems the meat guys have decided to try selling their crap in Edgewater - they came to my house last night. They won't be well-received in that area because there are some real hot-heads when it comes to soliciting door-to-door.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:04 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,260,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
It seems the meat guys have decided to try selling their crap in Edgewater - they came to my house last night. They won't be well-received in that area because there are some real hot-heads when it comes to soliciting door-to-door.
Well isn't there a nice sign saying "NO SOLICITING" when you enter?

Mountain Brook has one at each entrance, but it didn't stop them.

I haven't seen them in here since last summer, when I had my encounter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area