Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,032 times

Advertisements

AYSO is NOT an organization you want to participate in or having your children involved with. It's run by a bunch of incompetent bureaucrats. They have a couple of dozen staff at the headquarters that have more excuses why things are going wrong than the will or the capability to solve them. You could save a lot more headache having a neighborhood soccer team than spending money on this disarrayed organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 01:58 PM

282 posts, read 687,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
Spent many a year with AYSO here in Madison (AL, not AZ!). Including but not limited to coach, referee, even a board member (wife) and finally, just another parents of two kids.

Glad it's over but wouldn't have missed it for the world. The kids loved it until they outgrew it.

AYSO = time, all local travel, unless you get into the state playoffs (one year we ended up in the state playoffs in Demopolis).

Club = lots more time, travel plus lots of money. I would only do it if you're kids were really, really serious about soccor.

I played club soccer for like a decade when I was young. Looking back, I have no clue how my parents pulled that off. Every year was three seasons: outdoor-outdoor-indoor-repeat. Our away games ate up the whole Saturday b/c games were sometimes 2-3 states away (east coast). And tournaments ate up 3 day holiday weekends.

Oh, and with club (at least for me) there was no guarenteed playing time. Unless I was hurt, I started and played all game, everygame and felt a little bad for friends who drove x-number of hours to sit and not play at all.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 791 times
When you think about joining your kid in AYSO.Consider the following;
1)AYSO claims that it's for the kids, but the parents involvement has it's benefits & drawbacks.
2) Coaches are the parent volunteers & the experience differs depending on each coach.
2) Referees, who lay out the rules during the game(game is once every week) are parent volunteers & can be biased. AYSO allows a referee to be the referee of a game in which his son or daughter is playing!!
3)It's fun for the kids if the game is played with fairness by applying the rules equally to every or both teams in the game without any kind of exceptions or bias. Because, If it goes in the other way, It can deteriorate the kids' innocent & enthusiastic spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area