Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,574,422 times

Advertisements

Belk, Belk/Hudson has been in Huntsville for 100 years more or less.
The city wants something different, nothing really wrong with Belks and this new store will be nicer than anything Huntsville as ever had, but it was a let down to see how the city was blackmailed. Hopefully Von Maur will enter the market now that they are in Birmingham, even though Belks is probably as good or better.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:32 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,083,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Belk, Belk/Hudson has been in Huntsville for 100 years more or less.
The city wants something different, nothing really wrong with Belks and this new store will be nicer than anything Huntsville as ever had, but it was a let down to see how the city was blackmailed. Hopefully Von Maur will enter the market now that they are in Birmingham, even though Belks is probably as good or better.

I would guess that you have never been into a Von Maur. It just takes one step to know how different they are. They would be comfortable in Huntsville as many of the first cities in the Midwest that hosted them are about the same size. The down side is that when you have a smaller store it usually disappoints serious customers who are aware of their selections in the main markets. The Birmingham store is the third largest in the chain after Chicago and one of the stores in Atlanta. (Perimeter)

raj

Old 10-20-2013, 06:39 AM

355 posts, read 963,598 times
I guess there isn't going to be a Cheesecake Factory. I thought there was going to be a restaurant announcement when they announced the new Belk.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
I don't know why everyone thinks Cheesecake Factory is coming to BS.....NO ONE has stated anything close. I think its just wishful thinking run amuck. Could happen, but until they break ground, I wouldn't put stock in "rumors".

Old 10-20-2013, 10:13 AM

445 posts, read 770,428 times
I personally think CF would be a smah hit at BS

Old 10-20-2013, 08:52 PM

224 posts, read 345,735 times
I still think Seasons 52 is more likely

Seasons 52 – Fresh Grill and Wine Bar. Restaurants in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Illinois.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizinva View Post
It is very nice, but really very expensive. (not as much so as Flemings though) Haven't there been problems with the more expensive places at BS from the beginning.

raj

Old 10-20-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
I would guess that you have never been into a Von Maur. It just takes one step to know how different they are. They would be comfortable in Huntsville as many of the first cities in the Midwest that hosted them are about the same size. The down side is that when you have a smaller store it usually disappoints serious customers who are aware of their selections in the main markets. The Birmingham store is the third largest in the chain after Chicago and one of the stores in Atlanta. (Perimeter)

raj

In response to my own post. Von Maur is focused on opening in Nashville as soon as possible. But that will take at least two years as they are opening in OKC, OK. , and Milwaukee, Wi. in 2014 and 2015.

I am just not sure that they would locate another store between the two cities. And if they did it would probably not keep people from going to the other stores because of size and selection.

I have asked here before about the support that Dillard's gets in Huntsville. I do not know. If it is not as good as they would hope for it will hurt chances of attracting other major stores. It is a conundrum.

However as the other poster said I have no doubt the new Belk is going to be a really classy operation. So much so that I hope it does not hurt the PP store down the road.

raj

Old 10-21-2013, 05:09 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
It is very nice, but really very expensive. (not as much so as Flemings though) Haven't there been problems with the more expensive places at BS from the beginning.

raj
It hasn't been the price, but rather problems with the service and food offerings at those restaurants that have closed. Several other "pricier" restaurants are doing just fine at BS.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:55 AM

85 posts, read 98,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP79 View Post
I personally think CF would be a smah hit at BS
I think it will be a big hit too. The location is good in front of Belk by the new parking deck. I like Connor's but the lack of parking deters my patronage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area