Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 03:13 PM

40 posts, read 41,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron Johnson View Post
I saw a commercial for them last night trying to capitalize on the out of Huntsville market up in TN with a Toyota dealership. Quite frankly, they are too big of a business to ever see the likes of my hard earned cash. And besides, I have had nothing but great service from Bill Penney.
I noticed in the commercial they kept passing the same Charles Pittman billboard. What ever happened to him? You couldn't go 10 minutes without being force fed that jingle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 03:28 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,592,493 times
There have been more than one dealer in the Huntsville/Decatur area that have advertised they will give at least $5000 over Kelley Blue Book price for your trade-in. I compared the cost of similar used cars at several dealers including the one in Huntsville that advertised the $5000 over KBB. This dealer wanted more than $5000-$7000 above the others! That shows that they probably come out ahead no matter how much they give for a trade-in.

I have found that car salesman only want to talk about monthly payments and ignore the actual total cost for the car. I don't know whether they were annoyed or confused when I told them I wanted to first talk about the bottom line. Is it because most people are walking in to buy a car with no knowledge of how much cars are worth? Do they really only care about what the monthly payment is?

Old 09-30-2014, 05:03 PM

39 posts, read 43,224 times
Car salesmen have done that for years. It is all psychology, especially with lower income buyers. They are much more concerned with monthly cash flow than their net worth. It does not make sense but I have been there and made those mistakes living on a military income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area